SportsWerks Mayhem ST truggy build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.MadfireMoe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so let start with the history of this "truck". It is a a truck. 1/8 st. Crazy right? Made in 2005 from award winning buggy mayhem by sportwerks. So all this had when I bought it was a spoiler of talking truggy wise. So this is what I will do:
  • enforcer proline body
  • 17mm hex adapters
  • truggy tires (basher sabertooth)
  • remove truck bumpers
  • un seize engine (.26)
  • Buy new set of brake linkages
Etc. The only problem I had with this car is that the links are too small to snap on the ball ends... Do i need new link set up.
Anything else would be appreciated. Here are pics:

14899536638151166916403.jpg
1489953828904-1594486538.jpg
1489954010645334639556.jpg

Nothing wrong with going to a stronger set of balls, cups and links all around. As the geometry of the suspension is likely to change as you go thru the build, you're likely to need to modify the lengths anyways. In the end, you'll have a stronger, more reliable set up.

Nothing wrong with going to a stronger set of balls, cups and links all around. As the geometry of the suspension is likely to change as you go thru the build, you're likely to need to modify the lengths anyways. In the end, you'll have a stronger, more reliable set up.
Thanks Mike, much appreciated! I just brought a new set of links online from a main. If they still don't fit, I might as well modify or buy a new carb or something.

Ahhh... I thought you were talking about your steering and or suspension links but the same thing applies. If you buy a matching set of correct size to fit, you'll be all set.

Ahhh... I thought you were talking about your steering and or suspension links but the same thing applies. If you buy a matching set of correct size to fit, you'll be all set.
Thanks I just re painted the body, if you are still staying on this thread then I can post pictures

Attachments

• 1490454971975-825249576.jpg
    1490454971975-825249576.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 188
From what I see in my phone's screen, it's looking sharp! Now to get it running right and get some good bashing vids!!!

From what I see in my phone's screen, it's looking sharp! Now to get it running right and get some good bashing vids!!!
Yeah I wish I can run it but first I need a starter box AND to find out why the brakes don't work even when I use my fingers.

the brakes don't work... When you use your fingers? I guess I'd need a LOT more explaining on that one! :hehe:
I'm sure it makes more sense than what I'm reading. Def explain and I'm sure we can work that one out.

the brakes don't work... When you use your fingers? I guess I'd need a LOT more explaining on that one! :hehe:
I'm sure it makes more sense than what I'm reading. Def explain and I'm sure we can work that one out.
Well what I mean is if you were to turn the throttle/brake servos with your fingers to the right where it closes the gap and pulls the brake links forward, If you roll the car it will roll normally instead of getting stiffer. I don't have a controller on it yet but i can tell that something is going on in there.

Well what I mean is if you were to turn the throttle/brake servos with your fingers to the right where it closes the gap and pulls the brake links forward, If you roll the car it will roll normally instead of getting stiffer. I don't have a controller on it yet but i can tell that something is going on in there.
Also I need to find a way to get inside my drill start plate because it is not turning the crank shaft at all. But the engine screws are so tight i might need to get a drill and drill the screws out later this week.:cry::thumbs-up:

Last edited:
Ahhh... I understand . Yeah, one thing at a time. Maybe do some soaking with a good penetrating oil and see if it helps... Heat may help too. If I had to choose, I would take heat over drilling out screws for sure.

When you get your radio squared away the brakes SHOULD be a reasonably easy fix. I say that only because there just aren't that many parts to the braking system... (Famous last words... :hehe: )

Last edited:
Ahhh... I understand . Yeah, one thing at a time. Maybe do some soaking with a good penetrating oil and see if it helps... Heat may help too. If I had to choose, I would take heat over drilling out screws for sure.

When you get your radio squared away the brakes SHOULD be a reasonably easy fix. I say that only because there just aren't that many parts to the braking system... (Famous last words... :hehe: )
Yeah hope so! I will update it with another thread soooooooon. Thanks :)

Red keep us updated! ...RED????!!! Yeah.. Have I mentioned my autofil/correct problem??? That's supposed to be ***PLZ*** keep us updated!

Last edited:
Okay so this is how it is going to go down. My next step is to start the engine to see how good is before I do any more work to it. Got a 1/10 scale box for it! Just put it on side ways:hehe:. Anyway, If the engine works then I will get into the brakes! If not then I will post pone till I feel like buying a new engine. (Or just use my old picco p5) Can't test it till next weekend sunday or after next weeks monday probably. But That is the next step!!

Sounds like a solid plan! A good running engine is DEF a good place to start! (no pun intended!) If it's solid, tiger drive is prob the place to look for another shaft drive type starter or, if your starter box works out, keep it and it will save some weight on the rig! Anyways, good luck!!!

Sounds like a solid plan! A good running engine is DEF a good place to start! (no pun intended!) If it's solid, tiger drive is prob the place to look for another shaft drive type starter or, if your starter box works out, keep it and it will save some weight on the rig! Anyways, good luck!!!
Thanks much appreciated :)

Ok sorry but I didn't do much. I'm still waiting for the starter box. I'm with my car right now and as far as what I did, I un clogged the fuel filter and cleaned the gas tank. After I get the engine running, I'm buying a flysky controller that cost like 28 dollars online with receiver and it will be driveable. The next pictures you will see is when I figure out what to do with the brake system. I might post a video if I get the engine running!

Think of it like this... If it doesn't run, the brakes aren't really important anyways. :hehe:

I went into the.engine today and changed the one way barring. I attempted to start and it didn't work. But I heard the engine turn over so I know I was doing something wrong. I got a good glow plug but it might be my igniter. I charge it till it gets hot then I let it cool down and charge it again. But sometimes it lights the plug good then I test it and it doesn't light at all.:meh:.....so I'm just going to charge more and post again.

Back