Help. My traxxas nitro sport is acting weird

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picklez

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I start my car up and then let it run for about 15 seconds before driving and every time I go near the throttle it makes a weird sound and barely accelerates any ideas on what it could be?

So I start my car up and then let it run for about 15 seconds before driving and every time I go near the throttle it makes a weird sound and barely accelerates any ideas on what it could be?

Need more detail & history of the car ,like how long have you had it ,did you buy it new ,an
are you the one that broke it in & tuned it afterwards?...:cool:

bought it brand new had it for about 1 yr tuned it myself

i also broke it in myself

slipper slipping maybe or clutch shoes how many gallons on the truck?

slipper slipping maybe.
thats what i was thinking i have a few extra sets of friction pegs ill install one right now thanks

slipper slipping maybe or clutch shoes how many gallons on the truck?
oh probably only 1

thats what i was thinking i have a few extra sets of friction pegs ill install one right now thanks

oh probably only 1
i also replaced the clutch that was my first theory

Post a video when you get a chance, check that slipper.

k now the clutch is engaging at a really high rpm how do i loosen the clutch?

k now the clutch is engaging at a really high rpm how do i loosen the clutch?

If your clutch is right ,an engages ,then don't worry about them ,move on to what the real issues are!

Check other stuff ,like axles binding & other stuff that may create noises ,especially the spur like what was mention!..:cool:

I stretched my clutch spring out a bit and its working perfectly now i got out of the hobby about 6 months ago and had to rebuild my engine so everything is working great now

I stretched my clutch spring out a bit and its working perfectly now i got out of the hobby about 6 months ago and had to rebuild my engine so everything is working great now

Lol....Maybe you just need to run the heck out of it to loosen things up!...:thumbs-up:....:D

i took the clutch off of the flywheel and then stretched it out on my screwdriver :) i had to do that on my hpi rs4 3.0 once

Back