How do you make straight lines with liquid mask?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k3mist

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I painted my first body with liquid mask and for the life of me I couldn't make straight lines on the top edges/corners of the body lines, only on edges that went down and into the body. Can i use vinyl tape and trace that? Will it lift the mask off when you take it off? Whats the trick?

I made a bunch of other mistakes but I think I can fix those. The straight line issue has me pretty stumped though...

Attachments

• pzOUGxP.jpg
    pzOUGxP.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 215
  • GVS2GbY.jpg
    GVS2GbY.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 218
I painted my first body with liquid mask and for the life of me I couldn't make straight lines on the top edges/corners of the body lines, only on edges that went down and into the body. Can i use vinyl tape and trace that? Will it lift the mask off when you take it off? Whats the trick?

I made a bunch of other mistakes but I think I can fix those. The straight line issue has me pretty stumped though...

Never used it ,but I think you mask your liquid mask off!...:hehe:

Never used it ,but I think you mask your liquid mask off!...:hehe:
Hahaha, almost defeats the whole purpose. In seriousness though. The liquid stuff is pretty nice. Way easier. If only straight lines...

I buy this masking tape made by duck
nifty stuff for painting and it comes with a nice screw container

I buy this masking tape made by duck
I'm using the DuraTrax yellow vinyl stuff from the LHS. I will see if I can find some by Duck.

Over-mask the area then slice the line with an X-Acto knife and remove the excess masking.
I was going to do exactly that but I was worried the vinyl masking would take the liquid mask with it. I have another body that's already liquid masked. I'll give this a try.

Thanks guys!

Back