27mhz vs 75mhz crystals

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minilst2

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok, I see the simliar threads and neither of these answer my question, can you use 27mhz crystals in a radio that came with 75 factory and vise versa? I just bought an antique shinsei rc 57 chevy off ebay and I need to buy a tx and solder a crystal in the mother board

ok, I see the simliar threads and neither of these answer my question, can you use 27mhz crystals in a radio that came with 75 factory and vise versa? I just bought an antique shinsei rc 57 chevy off ebay and I need to buy a tx and solder a crystal in the mother board

No ,its a different ,because the number of waves are so far apart from each other ,an
the radio gear is tuned for those waves! , A number 37 crystal would come more to
hitting the 27 MHz wave length than a 75 MHz!

Crystal are cheap ,an can be had on E-bay!...:cool:

That reminds me of one time in the 90's when I purchased a Cox commander airplane from Tower hobbies from their
discontinued list for 79 bucks.
It came with a video game push style buttons ,an I didn't like that ,but the radio gear inside the plane was a 5 wire
mini servo set up ,an I had that Kyosho impulse 2 stick style transmitter left over from the street bike ,so I had
taken the receiver crystal which was a 27 MHz an soldered it in the planes receiver ,an it worked well.

Back then ,radio gear was expensive when you live on a budget ,I loved that plane ,I sure do miss it!...:cool:

Ok, thanks for all the info but I am going to have to stick with the stock circuit board/receiver if possible. This is a shinsi 1957 chevy that makes engine sounds that was made in the mid 80s. There is no crystal on the circuit board just a chip that says Toshiba Ta7657P. My father had one of these when I was a kid and i've always wanted on and found one on ebay I finally purchased without a transmitter, I figured I had a 50/50 shot of just soldering a crystal on the circuit board and into a generic transmitter and being on a roll, however that's not going to happen.