Biggest Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderstandingRc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hello all,

Looking for a high cc engine for my truck what's the biggest and bad cc there is also looking for a engine for my buggy fast off the starting line and speed any help please would be great bigger the better or best suggestions. ....

Hello all,

Looking for a high cc engine for my truck what's the biggest and bad cc there is also looking for a engine for my buggy fast off the starting line and speed any help please would be great bigger the better or best suggestions. ....
What scale is the car? 1/10, 1/8, or 1/5? If you got a 1/5 try getting a 30cc? If it is a nitro I believe it all comes down to 1: Quality and 2: Tuning it to the best. Think about it, what would win? A badly tuned .28 or a perfect tuned .21? In my opinion

What scale is the car? 1/10, 1/8, or 1/5? If you got a 1/5 try getting a 30cc? If it is a nitro I believe it all comes down to 1: Quality and 2: Tuning it to the best. Think about it, what would win? A badly tuned .28 or a perfect tuned .21? In my opinion
Send pictures of the buggy and maybe I can get into better info if you want

Thanks it's A AE Truck I have and a buggy the truck I was winding if I can convert to a gas bye swith in the miter out or should I keep it nitro high cc what you guys think just looking at options any insight is great guys thanks for the respons

Also I'm a noob at scale what is scale on my rc truck and how dose that work I know everything else but that all I know the bigger the better the fun lol not true I seen some small nitro that are amazing and I think I want to build it to 1 of each scale then I can see witch I lIke lol its true Rc lover hear hehe

Attachments

• 20170221_064904.jpg
    20170221_064904.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 20170221_064223.jpg
    20170221_064223.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Thanks it's A AE Truck I have and a buggy the truck I was winding if I can convert to a gas bye swith in the miter out or should I keep it nitro high cc what you guys think just looking at options any insight is great guys thanks for the respons

I run the AE Mgt's ,the original 28 was a good dependable engine an ran the truck pretty fast ,however ,
didn't quite have that low end punch for on demand wheelies!

There is size 28's & 30 to 32's out there that do.
I run an Hpi 5,9 an it wheelies like mad!

A lot of times people want the biggest engine out there on market for speed ,but theres a difference between speed an torque.
So ,maybe you need an in between with the proper gear ratio!

My Hpi 5.9 properly tune & with the proper gear ratio is plenty of thrilling power!
Also ,you can't really do a 50 to a 100 mph on rough terrain ,it also depends on where you plan on running the truck!
High torque an a constant run on asphalt will destroy the tranny an put a strain on all running gear parts including the axles.

So ,you need to know what surface or where you run a off road truck!...

Different eliments change factors!....:preachin:

I run the AE Mgt's ,the original 28 was a good dependable engine an ran the truck pretty fast ,however ,
didn't quite have that low end punch for on demand wheelies!

There is size 28's & 30 to 32's out there that do.
I run an Hpi 5,9 an it wheelies like mad!

A lot of times people want the biggest engine out there on market for speed ,but theres a difference between speed an torque.
So ,maybe you need an in between with the proper gear ratio!

My Hpi 5.9 properly tune & with the proper gear ratio is plenty of thrilling power!
Also ,you can't really do a 50 to a 100 mph on rough terrain ,it also depends on where you plan on running the truck!
High torque an a constant run on asphalt will destroy the tranny an put a strain on all running gear parts including the axles.

So ,you need to know what surface or where you run a off road truck!...

Different eliments change factors!....:preachin:
Wow very helpfull

Thank you so much looking for off road sand and parks

Your welcome!...:thumbs-up:

A bigger engine does not always equals to the best of both worlds!
The combination of the right power & gear ratio's do with what an where you run the truck!....:cool:

I understand now power to ground ratio
What you think of gas instead of nitro or nitro instead of gas looking into that now just trying to see t he difference nitro more high end to gas low and high end

I understand now power to ground ratio
What you think of gas instead of nitro or nitro instead of gas looking into that now just trying to see t he difference nitro more high end to gas low and high end

That's a different ball game ,perhaps that maybe the reason why you don't see too many gasoline engines on market
for these smaller scale vehicles!
Back in the day ,there were tons of spark ignition gasoline engines out there ,but now they are extinct ,My guess is
that they just haven't perfected a gasoline engine yet that will produce the the power of a nitro engine!....:D

You will never get the rpms out of a has engine by their nature. Even in 2 strike, they won't get it down... I would stay nitro for sure.
Also keep in mind that even IF you get the MONSTER engine to fit, the drivetrain itself needs to be able to stand the power. Its no fun breaking every time you run... Although if your purpose is all out speed (like 1:1 drags cars), breaking your rig until you break the next 'glass ceiling' is all part of the fun!
There are plenty of ways to increase or alter your torque and speed (to the ground) without replacing your engine. Gearing, shaving weight, aerodynamics, tires etc... There is a whole world of experimental 'upgrades' in the RC world!

Back