The Ugly Truckling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, Jose.28, I must have missed your post.
I have no idea. It started out like a normal old truck and ended up taking a few hours at a time for a long time. I still plan to get back to it to give it a ragged interior.

Lol it was a pain for me to paint my f650 and it was only one color.
I give much props it is really cool looking.

Best one I've seen, I love that old beat up look, reminds me of the 57 my gramps used to take us to the store with..when you could get pop chips and candy for under 5 bucks......man I feel old!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rolex, just saw this for the first time, it's freakin' amazing!!

Very cool, read through the entire tread, you got some mad skills!
Any progress on the frame build for it?

It's been on the back burner for quite a while. I don't know if I'll be giving it a full frame, but I still plan to do an interior for it.
Thanks for the kind words.

I just want to bring this up for the members that wasn't around when this was posted... simply amazing work @Rolex!

In fairness, if it was exposed to the elements, the lexan would have rusted away completely by now. :hehe:

What a piece of crap! Seriously, thats pretty neat. I don't have the skills and definitely don't have the patience to do that. I'm not worthy..

What a piece of crap! Seriously, thats pretty neat. I don't have the skills and definitely don't have the patience to do that. I'm not worthy..
Sadly Ralph aka Rolex is no longer with us, but the ugly truckling was/is a masterpiece.

It definitely is a museum worthy piece. I wonder where it is today.
I've wondered that myself. His 1:6 humvee builds were amazing too, and don't forget the bling thing. It's sad to think they might have just been trashed. He had no kids, no siblings, really no family. I really miss him, he was a great guy, we talked on the phone often, but I never got to meet him in person.

I've wondered that myself. His 1:6 humvee builds were amazing too, and don't forget the bling thing. It's sad to think they might have just been trashed. He had no kids, no siblings, really no family. I really miss him, he was a great guy, we talked on the phone often, but I never got to meet him in person.
That's really sad. Maybe they will turn up some day in a video or RC group where someone rescued them. I really hope someone saw something special when they gathered them up.

That's really sad. Maybe they will turn up some day in a video or RC group where someone rescued them. I really hope someone saw something special when they gathered them up.
I often wonder what happens to sruff like this when people die. I have alot in cars and lawn equipment. Kinda bothers me sometimes thinking my shxx will get tossed one day or someone will destroy it without even knowing what it is. I guess it wont be my problem. 😢🤣😤

Ladt smiley on my phone is a huffing smoke.

Back