Nitro 4 tec

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey i got a nitro 4tec from my neighbor for 50 buxs he said he been sitting in storage for quite away. But I bought it because 50 is a steal. I am thinking about upgrading the engine to a 3.3 and probably the esc because it's the old TQ.

a23qsw.jpg

Attachments

• 20170126_222348.jpg
    20170126_222348.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 252
Hey i got a nitro 4tec from my neighbor for 50 buxs he said he been sitting in storage for quite away. But I bought it because 50 is a steal. I am thinking about upgrading the engine to a 3.3 and probably the esc because it's the old TQ.

a23qsw.jpg

My neighbor has one as well ,it set for about 12 years ,an he had me go through it an clean it up about 7 years ago ,had to
take the engine apart an clean it up ,it still runs sweet!
Yea ,it is an old model ,but don't under estimate that 15 engine ,its still capable of 60 + mph ,that's more of enough power
to get down the street an back at a blink of an eye!...:D

If the original engine is still good ,I would stick with it!...:cool:
The car is a pain to work on because the whole top section of the car has to come off ,but
is an awesome car!

My neighbor has one as well ,it set for about 12 years ,an he had me go through it an clean it up about 7 years ago ,had to
take the engine apart an clean it up ,it still runs sweet!
Yea ,it is an old model ,but don't under estimate that 15 engine ,its still capable of 60 + mph ,that's more of enough power
to get down the street an back at a blink of an eye!...:D

If the original engine is still good ,I would stick with it!...:cool:
The car is a pain to work on because the whole top section of the car has to come off ,but
is an awesome car!
The engine seems locked up. The flywheel won't move and the ez start won't turn the engine either. So I'm guessing the engine is blew locked down.

The engine seems locked up. The flywheel won't move and the ez start won't turn the engine either. So I'm guessing the engine is blew locked down.

No ,I don't think so ,just take it apart an clean ,that's the way they do when they sit ,sometimes you have to use channel locks on the
flywheel to get them to break free with a little oil!...:D

No ,I don't think so ,just take it apart an clean ,that's the way they do when they sit ,sometimes you have to use channel locks on the
flywheel to get them to break free with a little oil!...:D
I put my after run oil and kept twisting the flywheel. Now the engine turns freely and had good compression with the ez-start. I going to see if it runs tomorrow if it does i am going to run the engine till I get a 3.3 in it

I have a 3.3 in a 4TEC and it is way too much engine. A .15 is plenty big enough for a 1/10 scale car. Most of the 1/10 road cars run on something like a Novarossi .12 and that is enough to make the car go like a rocket. Gearing is what makes the car go. Not great big engines. Running the 3.3 will make you crash a lot. Believe me, I know this from experience. The 4Tec with a 3.3 would be a much better design if it was a 1/8 scale. That big of an engine is pretty hard to control in a small car.

I ran the car a few times today and it was fast to me and was hard to control I think because the tires are balding. It also felt like my brakes where dragging. Kept trying to slide out. So i order a cheap pair of tires doe it. I am just going to mess around and learn more about this car with this engine and when I want to upgrade or need to rebuild i will move up to a 3.3

That thing will be insane to uncontrollable with a 3.3 if it really is a 60mph+ rig the way it is now! I REALLY want to see the videos of before and after! :thumbs-up:

That thing will be insane to uncontrollable with a 3.3 if it really is a 60mph+ rig the way it is now! I REALLY want to see the videos of before and after! :thumbs-up:

Lol....I believe the box actually said they were 70 + mph!....:D

Me & my friend across the street use to run are cars together up an down the road here ,I use to have the Duratrax street force ,it
was a 50 mph car ,this was about 17 years ago ,had a lot of fun with 2 screamin nitro's jamming up & down the road!...:D

Holy crap! And is that right that this comes with a .15??? 70mph is CRAZY fast for a .15! I almost wonder if the 3.3 weight might slow it down! It would likely empty the tank a lot quicker too. Maybe a slightly mod'd .15 is the way to go!

The box said 50mph I think because I got the stickers that came with it. I might just get a header and pipe and regear this .15 and I bet it will be badass. But I still like my tmaxx better

Lol!×× maybe cuz you can flatten This kit with your maxx??? :hehe: I am Def more of an off-road guy than on road. I don't have anywhere to run an on road that is flat and clean enough to not hack the hell out of the chassis or to slam a crack and break it up

Yeah that's what i am afraid of. I almost hit the curb today. I need to run it in a big empty parking lot. Its just all small on the ground.

I used to have a big open area with perfectly flat cement to run an old tamiya road wizard. I had to put on a different set of tires because I couldn't find the originals. It is SUPER low!!! It was a BLAST running it in that building... But now the building is fine and the car remains... On a shelf! (that's ok tho. It seems parts are VERY tough to find at a reasonable price anyways.
If I find a nice carpet or flat area, I would consider anothr f1 or pan car to run... The speed and accuracy or them is so impressive when they are dialed right! Def a driver skill challenge!!!

I hit a parked car tire at full speed with the street force ,it was wedged under the tire ,an to have my friend rock the parked
car back while I jerk the car out of the tire!..

Soo many phillips screws! Perhaps a 2.5R would be a better replacement than the 3.3. More power/RPM's than the .15 pro, but not so much so that it's undrivable.

I have a jato with a 2.5R in it and for me, it's challenging to drive. I don't know how guys with a 3.3 even begin to control it. Would assume the 4tech would be similar.

Perhaps convert it to a rally car? A little more ground clearance and some aggressive tires.

Wow! A tire wedgie!!! :hehe:
My 3.3 jato is Def a handful! On the street, it's nuts! In the grass, it slows enough to make it drivable but with LOTS of snot when you want it.

Soo many phillips screws! Perhaps a 2.5R would be a better replacement than the 3.3. More power/RPM's than the .15 pro, but not so much so that it's undrivable.

I have a jato with a 2.5R in it and for me, it's challenging to drive. I don't know how guys with a 3.3 even begin to control it. Would assume the 4tech would be similar.

Perhaps convert it to a rally car? A little more ground clearance and some aggressive tires.

Lol .that's what I was thinking to do with my Ld3 B-block ,is just to turn it into a rally ,because it really isn't fun to drive ,an
makes me a nervous wreck to even think about running it in the street!

That is a great idea!...:thumbs-up:

This is what my B-block Ld3 looked like with short coarce tires on it ,it handled quite nicely ,however ,never
tried it in the dirt!...:cool:

upload_2017-2-1_20-37-21.png

Last edited:
Back