I just got a dtx evader nitro HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joemck

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Ok so I bought this for 50 bucks cleaned it all up put a new diff gear in all back together it's all right but car will not move it just sits there the diff gear was done the bearings melted the plastic gear so I got a metal gear and bearings in the tenant so thats all good just dosent seem like something is locking in place of someone can help me please help

It could be the thrust washer itself inside!

Inside the hub itself where the axle bone goes ,there will be a allen screw.
That tightens both hubs an thrust bearing together.
Sometimes that get worn or just loose!..:cool:

Which part of it is loose, it's not quite clear to me... If you're talking about the whole diff assembly, then make sure the bearings were aligned properly in the case, and that, as the above said, tighten the allen screws for the hubs. :)

If you go to Hobbicos website they still carry all dtx maneals on pdf that you can download for free. You will find this quite useful as Duratraxs manuals were always topnotch and full of useful info. I still have my nitro evader which i bought new over 10 years ago it even has the original engine with about 2-3 gallons in it.