Drag car build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it on an functioning ,works like it should ,I need to put another spring on the brake rod though.
I need to drill a hole for the servo.

SANY0003_13.jpg

Is that a Kyosho clutchbell set-up?

I'm not sure ,it was in the massive parts lot that came with the Ofna Ld3's An used on all of
the engines on the cars.
So I would say that they are an Ofna clutch bells which are threaded to change ratio.
I'm pretty sure if you change ratio with 2 spd spur ,you have to counter change a bell gear or
it wont correspond with other.

Heres a vid of the working throttle & brake.:D

Last edited:
Test run vid.
Have to do some tuning ,now have to retighten engine ,an stabilize the rear end ,it shifted an
the drive line popped out.
Get these done an fuel tank mounted ,should be ready for test hit!:cool:

Nice! I hate to ask a fool question... but being a drag car, what's the suspension setup like? I don't see any weight over the rear so I'm sure there will be some transfer?

Nice! I hate to ask a fool question... but being a drag car, what's the suspension setup like? I don't see any weight over the rear so I'm sure there will be some transfer?

Lol...I don't know yet! I will probably have to add some weight back there.
Theres some tabs on the rear end ,I'm going to install some coil springs with a fabbed up
aluminum bracket mounted to the chassy.

What you got there would be great for a burn out contest. :thumbs-up:

It will probably be to hard to keep straight!...Lol
My lil devil truck wants to do donuts because its rear wheel drive ,its just a shelf queen any way.

This drag car isn't really intended to be competitive ,its only a fun project to see if it can be done!
If it fairs out ,then good ,I can tweek on it to get it track straight ,if not ,on with the next project .
I had already had another started before this one ,but decided not to build it,
So we will see how this pans out!...:cool:

:D:DCount me in. This is definitely a unique build.

Is there a reason u havent mounted the exhaust down the side? Also ull prob need heaps of weight. I made a gokart with a nirto engine on the rear. Still needed about 50x50x50mm of solid lead over the rear. And it still just spun ended up using a gimbal/stabilizer to help keep it straight.this worked well.

Is there a reason u havent mounted the exhaust down the side? Also ull prob need heaps of weight. I made a gokart with a nirto engine on the rear. Still needed about 50x50x50mm of solid lead over the rear. And it still just spun ended up using a gimbal/stabilizer to help keep it straight.this worked well.

Lol...I'm not going to run the pipe like that ,I just haven't had time to mess with the car here lately ,an
as far as the weight issue an the car spinning out ,I know that's going to be an issue.

This car is merely a project car an I don't have any intentions of really using it for any competition!
Thnx for the gimbal/stabilizer advice!..:cool:

Back