Tell me about your OS .21 tm T maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hags

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
The title says it, so let me hear about them.. Are they faster then the 3.3, easy to tune, put a smile on your face? I have a sad story I am going to share, About 12 days my 3.3 split the rod :( but then I visited the LHS and he told me my options and I took home a OS .21 TM :D. I was filled with excitment went to install and :\ the motor was for a revo. Went to LHS and they didnt have anything to make it work so had to wait untill today for proper header and slide thingy to arrive. Well I was excited as a little school girl getting her first barbie :) untill I go to LHS and it did not come in on the order :( :angry: :whhooo: , so now I come to you guys to let me know what is to come.

Thanks for sharing my story, Shawn

P.S. Does any one have a pipe that they can recomend first hand?

The title says it, so let me hear about them.. Are they faster then the 3.3, easy to tune, put a smile on your face? I have a sad story I am going to share, About 12 days my 3.3 split the rod :( but then I visited the LHS and he told me my options and I took home a OS .21 TM :D. I was filled with excitment went to install and :\ the motor was for a revo. Went to LHS and they didnt have anything to make it work so had to wait untill today for proper header and slide thingy to arrive. Well I was excited as a little school girl getting her first barbie :) untill I go to LHS and it did not come in on the order :( :angry: :whhooo: , so now I come to you guys to let me know what is to come.

Thanks for sharing my story, Shawn

P.S. Does any one have a pipe that they can recomend first hand?

I'm sure it's a great motor, no doubt it's gonna be more powerful. It's just very expensive......to each his own, but you could have gotten a picco 26 in there for much less money, it'll smoke the os 21. I'd try a THS pipe/manifold.

Thanks, I chould have gotten the picco .26 red dot but here at LHS $240 plus $20 for mount or the OS for $300(these are canadian prices), and I was worried the picco was going to be hard on driveline cost more in long run. So that was my thinking, I know chould have got cheaper online but the hobby shop were I got it have been great to me even know got truck somewere else and owner runs the rc track in town. Also figured the OS would be better for racing in MT class at the track.

Thanks, I chould have gotten the picco .26 red dot but here at LHS $240 plus $20 for mount or the OS for $300(these are canadian prices), and I was worried the picco was going to be hard on driveline cost more in long run. So that was my thinking, I know chould have got cheaper online but the hobby shop were I got it have been great to me even know got truck somewere else and owner runs the rc track in town. Also figured the OS would be better for racing in MT class at the track.

It'll be a good engine without a doubt. Also a picco 26 would do some damage, that was good thinking.

Does any one own this engine? Thought there would be more resopnse's.

Most guys opt for the Picco. It's way cheaper and has more than enough power. Actually more power than can be used. The Picco is a shredder.

Well personally id go with a Macs Pipe and manifold I've got a .18 Tm manifold not sure if it would fit the .21 if you dont have a manifold yet i could ship it to you for 10 bucks

I have the os 18 tm in my revo. i do have 2 t maxs as well 1 has the os 18 tm. in both of these truck running the os motors is a dream tunes great and holds the tune. i get the temps to around 210 deg and it runs great tank after tank. the 18 is much like the 21 so i had to post.

old 2.5 thank you for your offer, but lhs will switch mine out it will be here monday. scottc this great to hear, do you find any differance in power between the .18 and the 3.3?

the power is about the same or i can't tell but good ol os just hold the tune forever.

Update, well got the OS broke in today, it was easy. I used a mix of methods so I'll see how it go's in the long run; Tank 1 Lean it out from factory settings to get temps 200 range and 1/4 thottle for 3 second and let cool with piston BDC , Tank 2 leaned it till 220-230 range 1/2 thottle for 3 seconds cool BDC, Tank 3 same as tank2 with some 3/4 thottle, Tank 4 full thottle for 3 second and cool BDC, Tank 5 same as 4, Tank 6 tuned it and had some fun. So I got 1 1/2 tanks of play in on it and here's my first impression better low and mid end then 3.3 about the same top end. Feels real snappy and crisp, it got better over the 1 1/2 tanks so it should get better the more I run it untill fully broke in. Also hit a rock in a parking lot when tuning with lid off and rolled and scratched the head good on one side broke the zip ties off :( . So far very happy with it and will update after some more run time and when I line it up with my buddys revo 3.3, I was dead even last drag race with my 3.3.

Oh good call post back when u race him again, the OS I'm intrusted in a OS also even though theirs cheaper faster motors out there, I like the idea of the reliability and tuneability

well had it out tonight and raced a savage x 4.1 straight race, I had about 50ft lead across a dirt parking lot and and started to brake hit a dip and rolled it end over end at least 6 times and snapped rear shock tower. Its a shame because never got to race the savage xl 5.9 and savage x 4.6 they were sorting there stuff out when this happend. will update when race revo 3.3 only a fews more days. Shawn

I was in the same exact situation. The OS engine I bought was the Max 21 TM with 11mm Carb & T-Maxx manifold. The manifold that came with mine fit perfect. I did have to connect the spring directly to the exhaust pipe and did not use the extra adapter that came with it. I am breaking it in right now. Started right up after I got my throttle adjusted. I used the trim on the remote to get the throttle just high enough to start. I can tell right away that this motor is not like my 3.3. Something I just did made a huge difference. Not sure if it is the new ceramic Boca bearings in my clutch bell or the new carb and motor. I am definitely happy so far.

Back