After my first weekend with my Slayer Pro... [Long]

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed some liquid coming out of the engine where the exhaust pipe connects to it, it had the color of rusty water but it was definitely some kind of oil the way it stained the plastic on my ez start.
The Traxxas fuel is known for being a bit high on the oil content and not offering as much performance as other brands. I'm willing to bet it's just excess oil that wasn't burned off while running.

Have you talked to the guys at VP? There might be some nitro guys there to help you.
No I haven't yet, that's not a bad idea. I'll have to walk over there and see if they would know anything.

We managed to get my idle (for the most part) working last night after work, however it needs to be adjusted just a hair. I think we're really close. But now all the sudden I've got no response from my steering servo... No noise or movement. Any ideas? I've got my receiver pack charging right now so hopefully a fully charged battery will give me power to it again. But I'm not sure if that would be the cause because the throttle servo was working perfectly..

No I haven't yet, that's not a bad idea. I'll have to walk over there and see if they would know anything.

We managed to get my idle (for the most part) working last night after work, however it needs to be adjusted just a hair. I think we're really close. But now all the sudden I've got no response from my steering servo... No noise or movement. Any ideas? I've got my receiver pack charging right now so hopefully a fully charged battery will give me power to it again. But I'm not sure if that would be the cause because the throttle servo was working perfectly..

Get your batts. charged!

Also check your servo wires ,sometimes on some models they can actualy get fraide into the running gear ,
or damaged.

Servo was dead... I put another traxxas one in and that one stripped within 2 hours of use. Now I'm onto my 4th servo. I'm coming to the conclusion that Traxxas servos are not good. I'm looking to get the Savox SC1256TG. I've heard great things about it so I'm going to give it a shot.
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC1256TG_Digital_Servo_p/savsc1256tg.htm

Is there any reason for me to run dual servos vs just a single? I understand it would provide more torque but what exactly would that help me with?

EDIT: Just realized that servo is out of stock. I'll have to find another.

I'd just get a good high torque metal gear servo. I have an SW1210SG that's about all you'd ever need.

Back