Clutch Bell Advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMaxxMike

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK. I have a good question about my clutch bell.
I have a T-Maxx 3.3. My stock bearings are 5x11x4. I want some upgraded bearings and noticed several places listing the clutch bearings as 5x10x4. Should I get a clutch bell for 10 mm bearings or are the 11 mm bearings better? Anybody else ever run into this situation?

I would just get Acer ceramic for the stock bell. Or get a Robinson CB

Thanx Rooky. Would it stand to reason that a larger bearing is better? What about the rubber shields? Are they OK with all the friction going on?

I have no idea on the larger being any better or worse. My Revo has the rubber shielded and I'm thinking I stuck some in my Savage too. The seem to be doing ok.

I went to Boca bearings and found a ceramic premium bearing kit for $499.95. Comes with 35 bearings. I just about fell over when I saw that. They look like pretty good bearings. It is not like I race this thing for money or anything. I never knew there were so many choices. How much difference could there be? The cheapest set is $28.99 and has 29 bearings.
I got some thinking to do.

I went to Boca bearings and found a ceramic premium bearing kit for $499.95. Comes with 35 bearings. I just about fell over when I saw that. They look like pretty good bearings. It is not like I race this thing for money or anything. I never knew there were so many choices. How much difference could there be? The cheapest set is $28.99 and has 29 bearings.
I got some thinking to do.

WOW!

Thanx Griff. I never even heard of Fast Eddy before. Looks like a good selection.

good selection and prices

Just go to fast eddy and order a pack of 10 5x11 bearings. Rubber shielded works fine.

In theory, the larger bearing will last longer due to the balls being larger and having less wear over time. The typical size is 5x10, but you know traxxas... have to be different. I've been running fast eddy bearings for years and they are just as good as boca green seals, avid racing sealed, traxxas and hpi bearings. The only time I dropped the coin on ceramic from boca was when I tried dealing with an engine tuning issue with one of my LRP's, I forked over the extra dough in hopes to cure my tuning issues. It didn't, but it's no fault of the bearings.

I ran boca green seals for a long time in everything, then found avid's, then found fast eddy. Now I just order from fast eddy.

Back