Why traxxas sucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's sounds like a better idea than knocking a good company.;) Looks like ya got a good start building it up, anyways. Might as well make it the way you want it.

Careful with aluminum pieces. Things are made from plastic for a reason. It flexes. If you replace a part you keep breaking with aluminum....the stress will no longer break that part, but it will be transferred to some other part...which may now start breaking.

Aluminum sure is pretty though....

Ya thats what I was worried about is if I replace the bulkheads whats the next part that will break. My dad when I told him about the motor he goes well you shoud save up to get it and that would take me about 4 monthes to save up for that motor. When I allready have the money to get it.

traxxas is really the only brand that stands behind there parts most of the time. they replaced my trany my servo shocks and other stuff without a big problem

traxxas is really the only brand that stands behind there parts most of the time.

Have you dealt with the other companies to back up this statement?

I have dealt with HPI and Losi's customer service and they stand behind their products just like Traxxas does.

How much could I get a good savage for?

the savage is about like 524 form a shop named hobby hobby(best servies and fixes you car in about like 5 mins.They also reccomend parts)

Last edited:
I was searching ebay and the revo and the savages are just to much out of my budget.

I am just going to stick with the t-maxx get an o.s. motor and slowly rebuild my 2.5.

Don't know your budget, but you can pick up a used Savage 25 for under $300 bucks on ebay. Sometimes much less if your lucky.

Well I am fifteen with a 15$ allounece so if that explains it. Anyways I took my motor apart and found and bunch of dirt in my hsn so I hope that fixed it but probably not. A you can only hope.

Well I am fifteen with a 15$ allounece so if that explains it. Anyways I took my motor apart and found and bunch of dirt in my hsn so I hope that fixed it but probably not. A you can only hope.

Get off your butt and get a job. And don't cry about not being able to. Mow lawn, wash dishes, flip pizzas, deliver news papers, ect...

Is 100 degrees farenheit to hot to test my t-maxx?

Get off your butt and get a job. And don't cry about not being able to. Mow lawn, wash dishes, flip pizzas, deliver news papers, ect...

Well about the job I thought bought mowing lawns but then I thought what do I do if someone across town wants me to mow there lawn, I would have no way to get over there would I just say sorry I can't or what?

Upgrade the 2.5R motor with a 3.3 from traxxas with the engine exchange program i think it only $115.00 the last time i looked

ok, i didn't read through all these posts. the t-maxx is a entry level rig and the .15s aren't built very good. i haven't really been around traxxas nitro in about 8 years or so, but when i was messing with the 4-tecs and stampedes. i have to say i didn't like the .15 motors, they were a pain in the ass to tune. they ran hot and blew just about every other time i ran them. i hated them. but I WILL SAY the stampede i had, once i put a os.12 cvx motor on it and a 360 stinger pipe. it was awesome. i wish i still had it. i beat the crap out of that trck, rarely broke anything on it it was a fun little truck and held up good.

if you are going to bash and want a monster truck and are on a budget. i recomend picking up a used stampede and putting a os. motor on it. i jumped my moms truck with mine with a piece of drywall leaning up on the door . when the truck hit the drywall leaned in and the truck pratically went straight up in the air at about 30 mph. it was awesome. it went a good 30+feet up in the air. and landed on the wheels. when it landed i drove it around to me and it stalled from sucking air through the tank while it was in the air.

the stampedes are a better basher than the t-maxx. the plastic pieces are just as durable if not more druable than the t-maxx and they are prob. half the weight. therfor less is going to break. i have a t -maxx with a os.18tm motor and a spare .15 that prob. needs new piston/sleeve i'd trade it without the os for a stampede any day. and put the os on the stampede.