FMS Max Smasher V2 Initial Thoughts and Paint

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another trick to prevent bleeding, is to lay down a coat of clear first. if it bleeds under, it is clear and you won't see it. Then when you paint your color, it won't bleed under, because the clear is already there.

Another trick to prevent bleeding, is to lay down a coat of clear first. if it bleeds under, it is clear and you won't see it. Then when you paint your color, it won't bleed under, because the clear is already there.
Ya know, I had heard that trick before, years ago, and completely forgot about that!

Ya know, I had heard that trick before, years ago, and completely forgot about that!
And this is why you guys rock!

were not worthy waynes world GIF

Why didn't you speak up sooner? Just like @WickedFog hiding the sticky tack body post finder. Anything other tricks hidden?🤣

Why didn't you speak up sooner? Just like @WickedFog hiding the sticky tack body post finder. Anything other tricks hidden?🤣
Info like that gets buried under mountains of Twinkie wrappers, dead brain cells, and episodes of Deadliest Catch. It only gets remembered when something shuffles the pile around 😝

So being I have a new body on the way I just went nuts with this one. Started sanding and it started to have a weathered look. Put it back together and it kinda has a cool look to me so I'll do a little more sanding and call it done. 🤣
View attachment 163039
Now the chrome is too clean. 🤪 this a mt turned crawler or mt body on a crawler?

So being I have a new body on the way I just went nuts with this one. Started sanding and it started to have a weathered look. Put it back together and it kinda has a cool look to me so I'll do a little more sanding and call it done. 🤣
View attachment 163039
It’s a resto mod now. You could practice doing some rust techniques.

Now the chrome is too clean. 🤪 this a mt turned crawler or mt body on a crawler?
Was going for this look. I wish they offered non-portal axles.
My next will be all MT. (my wife would leave me if she knew what this truck does to me🤣)
9d1a7408b459b86ab8dfbdae0cc932a2.jpg

Was going for this look. I wish they offered non-portal axles.
My next will be all MT. (my wife would leave me if she knew what this truck does to me🤣)
View attachment 163040
If I ever win the lottery, I’m gonna buy a fleet of late 70’s F series and Bronco’s! 😎
I’ll probably need an old stadium to house them all..

If anyone is looking to buy a Smasher, helidirect.com has them on sale. If you're a first time customer you get $15 off too, bringing the total to $116.99. I ordered on Tuesday and it was at my door the next day via UPS (free shipping too). They are close to me, but their processing time is super quick.

Got to many other things on my radar right now. I want to order a pair of Klipsch "The Fives" speakers and a Klipsch powered sub to replace the logitech PC speakers I have on my gaming PC. Thats gonna set me back about $825ish. I need another way to annoy my wife 🤣

Got to many other things on my radar right now. I want to order a pair of Klipsch "The Fives" speakers and a Klipsch powered sub to replace the logitech PC speakers I have on my gaming PC. Thats gonna set me back about $825ish. I need another way to annoy my wife 🤣
It's $116.99. That's like 3 or 4 doordash orders for you. Just eat tuna sammiches for a couple days and you'll never know the difference 😉