Fix for broken LST chassis rails?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know a good "fix" for this? Like a skid plate or something that ties the lower front chassis plate to the center chassis plate? This is the second time I've busted them and they stink to replace... Even with a drill, it's a good hour hour and a half job.

Todays carnage from casing (sort of) a jump:

2007-1117-ASChassisRailBreak01.jpg

2007-1117-ASChassisRailBreak02.jpg

Tweaked my upper chassis deck as well...

Last edited:
Your pics arnt showing up. Dont know if its just me or everyone.

Pics work fine for me as well.

they look like they might just do the trick. what did you make them out of?

Light gauge steel. Not sure of the thickness. It's pretty thin. My idea behind it is that it will hopefully make it less likely for the front end to be "pulled" away from the center skid.

haha lol
yes ythey are a pain in the a**ho** to fix but it is better to fix them than to ghetto rig somehing to temporarily fix them, because the break can cause stress on other components
an easy fix to fix for good is to go buy aluminum side rails
after the same thing kept happening to mine, and i also was getting extremely tired of it, went and bought some aluminum ones and i have not had to replace them ever again, its been about 2 years with aluminum side rails and all their is to them (damage wise) is a few tiny dings and scratches from casing!!!

hope i could help
i would reccomend these
http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc....p_catid=75&sid=7UzLO41l87mz5DX-05107063970.3a

I did replace them, you just can't see the new ones as the photo was to only show the extra support pieces I made. I put the braces on to help them stay intact longer.

I was looking at RD Logics side rails... I was also dissuaded from them due to the fact that they put more stress on other parts. Although, if this doesn't hold up, I'll probably buy them anyway.

The RD Logics ones use 3mm hardware vs standard thread, which I like better anyway. I've converted the entire truck to metric except for a few bolts here and there.

Have you had other parts break instead of the chassis rails after installing yours? I can't believe integy is holding up for you. Their aluminum is (or was 3 years ago) so stinking soft.

Okay, I need some info here. The photos don't show up for me on Internet Explorer, but they do on Firefox. If the one's that can't see them are all on IE, let me know and I'll have WoodiE look into it. Thanks.

I'm using the latest ie including all the patches and updates and I they're not showing up for me .02

Do you at least get the little red x's?

I have IE6 on purpose for work software testing. I've never installed IE7 at home. Using IE6, I can see little red x's, but in FF, I can see the images.

In IE6, if I right click on the red X and choose "show picture", the individual pic will load.

Even the image in my sig doesn't show up in IE.

I'm getting the X, but IE should show the same thing that Firefox does. I think my IE is 9 or 10, on Vista, so I thought that was the problem, or my security was set too high.
I left a message for WoodiE to look into it. Thanks for the input.

no i have had nothing else break, and integy is not that bad for their newer creations, and larger scale made things, nothing else has broken though!!!
after you get aluminum ones it makes the truck almost indestructable!

Works for me on Firefox. Hey if the fix works.....roll on Olds...and bash it until it really breaks......lol.

I'm in the middle of building an LST2 with a bunch of aftermarket parts and upgrades. I was looking at the new era roll bar and wondering how much stiffness it will add to the chassis as it straddles the middle and forward skid plates and is pretty beefy.

Attachments

• IMG_0028 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0028 (Large).JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 187
Back