Yeah, Its About Long Hair

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay, so instead of me finding a beauty salon forum or some weird forum where everyone smells each others hair I will take my chances posting here.

Ok, so for all you long haired hippes, or anyone that has had full blown long hair that is ponytail length, this is for you.

Okay, so I have been growing my hair now for almost 16 months and have had 3 trims through-out the process. The last time I went in for a trim it was to cut the back length up to my bang length. My question now, is what do I do from here? I feel like every week I notice more broken hairs that stand out on the top of my head or alot of knarly not so straight hairs running down the sides, am I doing something wrong?

I pull my hair back into a almost pony tail using hairpins because I dont use hair gel for I was told it really damages your hair, and to wash and condition every 2-3 days, is this correct?

Am I using the wrong shampoos and conditioners? I feel that if I dont get help from somewhere, I will lose my moral in growing my hair out and chop it all off and I really dont want to do that.

Anyone that has secrets or tips to doing up hair, or maintaining long hair, please feel free to post up.

Sorry if this thread makes me less of a man but I dont care lol.

Thanks guys.

Oh and PS - I have a 6.5" jedi braid going on too :hehe: DONT JUDGE ME!

Last edited:
as a former long haired hippie, and product of the 80's i had a killer mullet for almost 20 years !!!! use a quality conditioner ! every other day. may the force be with you !

Shave it all off so you don't have to be a chick and worry about it. :p:

Machine shops aren't going to allow hair like that anyway. Especially the ....braid. :hehe:

Bald is beautiful.

But only if it's a choice to be so. Hahahaha

I grew my hair up until about a month ago for like 5 or 6 years. Always wore it in a tail too. The rubber band breaks off alot of hair, atleast it did for me. I shampoo and conditioned every night or every other night.
Mine was alittle over half down my back when I shaved it off a week before Christmas, now I'm back to almost bald. I miss it.

NcNitro has real long hair so he might chime in...

This was my hair almost 2 years ago, so it got like over a foot longer.

45462_1509168201977_1017504428_1500922_7238965_n.jpg

Hey guys to each his own no need to make fun of him and the factory I used to work in had one of the best long haired machinist I ever saw he just kept it tucked under his hat. Have you tried Mane and Tail? It used to be just for horses and you could only find it at places like Rural King but I see it at Wal-Mart now and some drug stores. I used it when I had my mullet and it made my hair soft and shiny not brittle and frizzy.

Lol guys ^^ all is good, I have heard the horse shampoo & conditioner is super killer good on the hair indeed, I need to change up my routine aparently because I am missing a couple small steps to growing. THe jedi braid can go at any time just rocking it to say I had one haha.

And Rob, funny story about being a chick haha, me and my wife were at iHop eating one morning, and one of the shift managers walked up to us and said "How is everything tasting ladies?" and my wife just started laughing and I turned and looked over at him. He quickly realised I was no woman, as a red face and a hidden smile came about, he swiftly walked away. Lol so I am used to that haha.

Damn Lloyd you make me jealous with that hair! GAHHH! Horrible to hear you cut it off :( I dont think I ever could lol unless I HAD to.

Just before I joined here, I had a mullet from hell. The back almost reached my belt. I shampooed about every other day and used a good conditioner.

Just before I joined here, I had a mullet from hell. The back almost reached my belt. I shampooed about every other day and used a good conditioner.
How did you fit that under your vader mask?

Sent from my X10a

I had hair halfway down my back, all the way around. Washed/conditioned daily. It's going to fall out from rubber bands, and from brushing it out regardless of what you do.

I've since chopped it all off, and now I shave it to stubble every 4-5 weeks. As a mechanic, long hair was more of a pain than it was worth.

I had it hacked off before I went back to school.

No, SAVE THE TREES AND HELP MOTHER NATURE MAAAAN, whoah groooooovy

Whoooaahh maaan, pass that over my same skin color brother, whooaaahhhhh

Yeah mine is pretty long, mines been long about 15 years now. It was doobie brothers long until a few months ago when I cut about 10 inches off, it was down to the small of my back, now its just about halfway down my back. I keep it in a pony tail almost all the time, I use the scuncci hair bands with no metal clips, those will snag all the time. I use Pert plus shampoo and conditioner in one, never blow dry it.

^^Lol I have had my fair share of hawks, I had a 3-4" hawk like 4 years back^^

If I ever cut my hair, I will do a mullet first, snap a pic, then mohawk, take a pic, then shave it off.

Back