XXX-NT sport RTR or RC10GT RTR PLUS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlagueWulf

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I really want a stadium truck for racing type driving only, the ones I am looking at are:
XXX-NT SPORT RTR with .15 Mach engine + XR2 AM radio system 240 dollars
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?pn=LOS0882&showbig=6809
and RC10GT RTR PLUS NITRO TRUCK with .15 pullstart engine 277 dollars:
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?pn=ASC7091

There will be NO bashing with this truck, I have a Savage for that. There is a small racing club (nothing seriuos) a half hour drive from where I live and several of my friend are looking into getting nitro trucks themselves (after testing the Savage :) )

So the truck doesn't have to be the best there is, but I want to make sure I get the best RACING truck in my pricerange (max 300 dollars RTR with transmitter and reciever and servos, slightly less than 300 is preferable since there is shipping and taxes also) I will get upgrades as I go along, but 300 is the limit for now. Also it has to be adequate (atleast) at racing right out of the box (or with a few CHEAP upgrades).

Are there any other BETTER trucks in this pricerange and scale/class I am missing? :shrug:

Please share your thoughts, thanks.

PW

Last edited:
ok, heres my take on the situation, first things first, check the hobby shops to make sure they carry parts for both if they carry parts for both i would just get what the majority of the people racing have, this way you can share setups (or steal setups if neeed be :rolleyes: lol) also everynow and then you may be able to bum a spare part off of someone.

both of these trucks are great from what I've heard and experienced, i myself owning a GT lean toward that a bunch but thats just due to the durability cuase i could,t get my car to go striaght if it were literally on rails....heh

and just remember to make sure your club allows you to run .15s (they more than likely won't have a problem with you running a rtr .15 but a good quality one, sometimes they don't allow.) and most of all remember to have fun :hammer:

Thanks, but the local hobby shops here (I live in Norway) dont have ANY of the popular brands you run in the US, so the internet will be my LHS for parts and the truck itself. And the new guys are getting a mix of these two trucks but the established racers run some crasy stuff I dont even remember the names but I doubt its better than what you have in US,so I just want the best one of them or any other I am missing (who doesn't? :) )

Edit: Let me give you an example, I paid 1100 dollars for my Savage 25 rtr here in Norway, my brother ordered his from USA for 550 dollars including shipping and taxes. This means I will use the internet as long as the american dollar is weak, half price off rules!

Edit 2: The stadium trucks or "sportsman" class ones at www.slapmafro.com are these the same (only upgraded ones, drake etc) as these I listed?

Last edited:
i have a xxx-nt and i would reccomend it becaz it has alot of hop-ups and runs good right out of the bodx.

But so does the GT. I believe the GT has more hop ups availible from many different manufacturs. My GT is 3 years old, and over those 3 years i have replaced every part that broke + some that i wanted, and i ended up with a .21 hyper 8 port for an engine and full alum/Ti. parts. If you have extra money, it starts burning holes in your pockets, so i would reccomend locking up your money. lol

Hey dude, I was in this delima about 2 years ago. I made my decision on the Team Losi. Just for the fact that is more like a luxery stadium, It now has alot of hop ups avaliable for it and Its very durible. I ran it more than my GT with a 1000 into it. It is your choice but I would pick the Team Losi XXXNT Sport over the stock GT anyday.

EDIT: Ah you live in Norway??? Hmmm.... That really doesn't affect your chances of getting either truck, But It will be awhile for the parts to arrive and it will be pricey to ship I imagine. Are you near Denmark???

EDIT 2: I Love my Losi's radio that came with it, I kept it and threw a airtronics on the losi when i sold it haha. The GT's radio is more simple, But the Losi' is still with me and on my buggy now.