WPL circuit board fried.. Need help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Lost my ESC/receiver circuit board and I need to replace it. Is it as simple as swapping it out or is it more involved? Do I need a new controller as well? How do I pair the new board with my current controller/radio?
Thanks in advance.

WPL has different versions of their radio and circuit board. You need to know which radio you have to order the correct board, but there will be a binding procedure to bind the new board to the radio.

My suggestion would be to just ditch the stock electronics and buy a 30A esc for it and a Flysky GT3B radio. You'll likely need a different servo as well.

Thanks for the quick response. Trying to fix this for cheap so I can give it to a friend.
So, just get the correct factory board and bind it? What is the binding process?

Thanks for the quick response. Trying to fix this for cheap so I can give it to a friend.
So, just get the correct factory board and bind it? What is the binding process?
It should come with instructions. I don't know what board you will have, so it may vary. You can look up a YouTube vid on it when you get it. There should be plenty to reference.

Very cool. Thanks so much.