Wondering why...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I get all kinds of e-mails and images sent my way. I am proud to be in the military and serve my country. I often get ticked off when people question the need for the military or wonder why we go places they feel we shouldn't. I know this thread will bring out some discussion, and I am not trying to start up anything...BUT I did want to share an image that answers one question: Why did we go to Iraq? It is not a definitive answer, but a good one none-the-less.

Check it out...and comment at will:

50thisiswhy-med.jpg

This mural was found in one of Sadaam's many palaces. Lest you think he was not supportive of the vile acts perpetrated against our countrymen on 9-11, think again.

Just curious, how did people get your e-mail address and know that you're military?

And I support the military action in Iraq, and you know the Iraqis sure do too. Even if Saddam didn't have any involvement in 9/11, that country needed to be liberated, there was just too much wrongness in Iraq.

The man was always a sick SOB.. He belongs as far under the ground as one can put him... :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: I need not say more..

To add to that :::: I would love to know what is written on the picture. I'm sure it's not, " I LOVE AMERICA "

He was/is a bad man and had to be delt with, my question is why at one time were we allies with him? Why did we give me American $$ and American weapons? We should chose our allies in the future more carefully, and not in haste.

I agree with u Hum.. But I think the Pres. had alot to do with this. I'm not sayin that I like his ways, but his balls are bigger than r last Pres...(what was his name ?) Anyway, I feel that goin to war was along time overdue. I feel sad for our loses and yet happy for what we and the suffering have gained..

Kwong...

People get my e-mail address from places like this forum. I am also part of a huge organization..called the US Navy, and we share e-mail addresses just like everyone else does. As for how do they know I'm in the military...without looking at my profile, I'm guessing my signature and my avatar are dead give-a-ways. But I could be wrong.

HB...

Glad to see you visibly busy on the site again. As for choosing allies, hindsight is 20/20 as they say. It is really easy to look back and see all of the ahhh shits waiting to happen. It isn't so easy to look into the future and pick them out. You would think we would learn from our history, but if we followed up the many examples of who we should not deal with that are present in our history, we would probably end up living in a big bubble with a do not enter sticker on it.

Bottom line, we deal with whomever we have to at the time to secure a measure of peace. We hope that it will not turn around and bite us in the ass, but hope is not perfect. And while we are one of the most powerful militaries in the world and we are relatively speaking the only real super-power left (I say relative because we still have some serious contenders), even the best of the best need friends. So we align ourselves with whomever we think will serve best.

Sorry...you see your money as wasted and think that we choose allies in haste.

Money wasted on my RC maybe hehehe................anyways hind sight is 20/20 true dat, but come on now with Saddam, we knew he was evil then, just not powerful enough to be a threat so we were not concerned, especially because we thought he was in our back pocket. What sucked is they used weapon we gave then against our soldiers back in the Kuwait war in the 90's.

It's all about growing up and leaving the school yard. Some places just haven't grown up. Most of the western world has been through devestating wars, argued with each other, gone nose to nose armed with enough nukes to wipe the world clean, and stepped back. Some countries are cought in the cycle of violence, and they love it. Just today I saw a news article about 19 more Isralis getting killed by yet another suicide/homicide bomber. Know what the Isrealies are gonna do? they're gonna whup a little butt, and I don't blame them. But the other side is gonna cry BS, and think to themselves that the Isralies are 1 up on them and send another Palestinian cruise misslie to another bus stop or cafe or whatnot and up the ante. All the while thinking that the "evil Americans" are behind it all. They hate us, plain and simple. they hate us because we have industry, and wealth, and knowledge (why else would they come to our colleges), and nice cars, and game shows, and R/C trucks. And all they have is jack poop, and jack left town, he's probably here on a green card. So what do ya do when you don't have anything except hate and a crappy life? Ya go blow yourself up. Before it's all said and done, it's gonna come down to the old school yard addage, us or them, no middle ground. Sad, but all too predictable.

As for the pic, I knew there was some BS artist on this earth that would paint a POS painting like that. Hell, it doesn't even look like saddam. The artist is probably dead, in some hole, pushin up the daisies because he f'd up the painting.

Last edited:
A lot of good it did him.

If you look around, most anyone with a military exports arms to anyone willing to buy them. If you think we are any different, think again. Yes, we are rather selective in our clients, but we can afford to be. Yes, we "give" weapons and training to our "allies", but there is always some price to be paid...something we gain in the bargain. Besides, most of what we "give" to anyone is less than the full item. We know it, they know it, and the rest of the world knows it. That is the way of it in military hardware. Does this mean everything is perfect? Nope...

As they say, poop happens.

Last edited:
Did you play for the Dodgers? Just messing with you Sky, good debate:banana:

Yeah, the Belgians and french will sell to just about anyone. I bet you could call up fabrique national (FN) and order a case of land mines right now, custom made to your specs. Only problem is getting them through customs. But that's not a real problem for other countries.

And what about all those AK's our guys have found (and are continuing to find) in the palcid country of Iraq. And how many are in Iran, and Syria?

Baseball...not my bag. I can't stand to watch guys getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. You want to talk about a crime...there is one if I ever saw it. The only reason I watch football, is the fact that there is always going to be that bone crunching, head jarring, holy crap hit somewhere in the game...I love those.
:D

Besides the new name for the NFL should be the National Felon League...

No, a true crime is golf. Golf should be played with an M-79 and a pool cue. Also, mace should be used to play through.

National Felon League................LMAO! I am going to use that one, good shiet.

LMAO...Error you have an interesting view on just about everything.

It would seem that we have successfully derailed my less-than-volatile thread...good job guys.

Man sadam every time I see him it makes me want to puke. That ugly SOB if I could get my hands on him there would be nothing left. The way he acted is portraid (sp) in that picture makes me want to scream! Sky you need to move this thread to the free for all so I can really open up. Mc can agree with me alot when I say this stuff. Kids at my school say GW is stupid he had no reason for going into Iraq if he didnt ohh well he got rid of that piece of garbage to our knowlege. I hope he was taken out.

Back