Will ESC work with 3300 KV 4 pole motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay guys. I have a question about esc's. If I have an ESC that will run a 3300 KV 4 pole motor will that ESC work with another brand 4 pole motor with the same or a tad higher KV rating?

It should work but not all esc's are rated the same, the kv rating on the motor with an esc will determine how many cells you can use, the type of rc you want to use it in and what size tires you plan on running will also determine cells and gearing, some motors are sensored others are sensorless. . It will make it a lot easier to give a reliable answer if we knew which esc you have and which motor do you want to use and info on the rc.

It should work but not all esc's are rated the same, the kv rating on the motor with an esc will determine how many cells you can use, the type of rc you want to use it in and what size tires you plan on running will also determine cells and gearing, some motors are sensored others are sensorless. . It will make it a lot easier to give a reliable answer if we knew which esc you have and which motor do you want to use and info on the rc.

This is the esc and motor was just looking at getting a better quality motor for this esc. Not that this one performs bad. http://www.ebay.com/itm/171788786180?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It looks like a sensorless set up. I'd try going with a higher turn motor (17.5t is what is recommended for the Wraith).

It's
It looks like a sensorless set up. I'd try going with a higher turn motor (17.5t is what is recommended for the Wraith).
It's going into my sc10. Would a 17.5 be suitable for a sc rig?

If it's a racing rig, you'll want a sensored. And you may want to go with a 13.5t motor.

If you already have the esc and motor I say run it like it is until you're ready to upgrade both.

I have already upgraded to the EMH3-s with the Hpi 4000kv motor was just trying to figure out a better motor that would run with that ESC.

I know I'm chiming in late with this but in an sc10 you should be able to run any motor you want with that esc as long as its on 2S. Check esc temps and adjust gearing if its running to warm.

Back