Why traxxas sucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traxxas does not suck. I've seen Rustlers drive away from some of the worst crashes. I have a simple solution--If you don't like their products, don't buy them!:)

I just got done driving it and omg it ran almost perfect perfect line of blue smoke it once started smoking on the head so I richend it a little and bam it wasn't smoking any more. It had a slow response and really wasn't all that bouncy so I leaned the lsn in a little and it made it perfect. The only problem I had (and I had this before I tore the motor apart) is sometimes not all the time I would let off the throttle and the motor would stall, it only does it mabye once every five time you let off the throttle. I have the idle needle all the way in. What do I do to fix this?

Well about the job I thought bought mowing lawns but then I thought what do I do if someone across town wants me to mow there lawn, I would have no way to get over there would I just say sorry I can't or what?

People won't magically call you. YOU have to find them. Knock on doors in the neighborhood and the surrounding area. With a b.s. story like that, I can tell you'd rather make excuses than make it happen.

I just got done driving it and omg it ran almost perfect perfect line of blue smoke it once started smoking on the head so I richend it a little and bam it wasn't smoking any more. It had a slow response and really wasn't all that bouncy so I leaned the lsn in a little and it made it perfect. The only problem I had (and I had this before I tore the motor apart) is sometimes not all the time I would let off the throttle and the motor would stall, it only does it mabye once every five time you let off the throttle. I have the idle needle all the way in. What do I do to fix this?

It's still a little lean or your pinch is getting loose. Watch your temps.

So tomorrow I will try to richen it up and if that doesn't help you would say a new motor would fix it?

well if its a problem in the mill, a new mill probably would "fix" it.

Okay I feel really stupid but what the heck is a mill?

my 3.3 was doing the same thing with the stalling every now and then and when i investigated it turned out to be the pinch was gone so i just got done rebuilding it.

Okay I feel really stupid but what the heck is a mill?[/QUOT

it is a motor

Okay well I am hoping it is just running a little lean because I really don't want to have to replace the motor, but I am getting a lawn mowing job so that will make money less tight for me. (hopefully)

to rebuild mine all i got was a new crankcase,piston,sleeve,and head gasket. i paid 75 bucks for all at my lhs. the motor wasn't quite spent so i reused my crankshaft. it took all of 1-1/2 hours to do from start to finish.

mill=motor

Edit.....der da der looks like you got it already!

lol weezracin, that just happened to be a question i knew the answer to. lol since am new lol:)

Okay thanks I will post tomorrow to let you know if tuning it got ride of the problem.

I was pretty happy today when I ran it, it was 100 degrees Farenheit and it really never over heated. The only problem I had was the idle but hopefully I can fix that.

Okay so today I drove it and it ran perfect after I richened it up a little bit, but I do have one question to keep it idleing I have to turn the throttle trim up and that cause the slide to be open. When I hit the brakes it closes the slide the rest of the way cause the motor to die, which leads me not to be able to stop quick because then I will have to go and start it. What can I do to fix this?

Okay so today I drove it and it ran perfect after I richened it up a little bit, but I do have one question to keep it idleing I have to turn the throttle trim up and that cause the slide to be open. When I hit the brakes it closes the slide the rest of the way cause the motor to die, which leads me not to be able to stop quick because then I will have to go and start it. What can I do to fix this?

You need to turn your idle screw in so it keeps the slide from closing all the way. You only need it to stay open a very little bit, then adjust idle from there. You should not use the trim on the tx to set your idle.

The motor is dead I tryed richening the hsn and leaning it, I tryed the same with the lsn I did nothing. I would let of the gas for 5-10 seconds and it would stall so I am anouncing dead. Hopefully people call me to mow their yard cause I need the money.

lol weezracin, that just happened to be a question i knew the answer to. lol since am new lol:)[/QUOTE]

Don't feel so bad little buddy I didn't even know what mill ment like a month or two ago. But you learn alot fast on this site. Welcome!;)

lol weezracin, that just happened to be a question i knew the answer to. lol since am new lol:)

Don't feel so bad little buddy I didn't even know what mill ment like a month or two ago. But you learn alot fast on this site. Welcome!;)[/QUOTE]

absolutely, here is where i pretty much learned everything i know.there has been a couple especialy helpful people on here,you know who you are guys.