Whats the best 23mm hex up grade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcaddic

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As the the LRP 32 comes more to life I'm starting to round out my 17mm hex wheel's , would like to know what is the best 23mm up grade , so far I rounded out a proline desperrado 17mm and a Axial 8 Spoke 40 Wheel 17mm

thanks for your help

I haven’t used 23mm in a while but, I found the 23mm hexes no more reliable than 17mm when I ran them a few years ago.
I wouldn’t blame the rounded 17mm hexes on the LRP… Loose wheel nuts are most likely the problem. There are many BL/Lipo rigs putting out way more torque than the LRP can, and they are running 17mm without issue.

I haven’t used 23mm in a while but, I found the 23mm hexes no more reliable than 17mm when I ran them a few years ago.
I wouldn’t blame the rounded 17mm hexes on the LRP… Loose wheel nuts are most likely the problem. There are many BL/Lipo rigs putting out way more torque than the LRP can, and they are running 17mm without issue.

I did a lot more looking into my problem and most are saying its from the stock lug nut and hex not being to good and swich to HPI87229 , and I use lock tight on the lugs so I no its not coming loose , gona try that out be for I spend the cash on a few sets of SPI wheels , and thanks for the info

You could use either Proline or CEN hubs. Problem is most 23mm wheels have been disc. Not many options out there.