What was your first kit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BanditDarvel

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Mine was a Kyosho Ulitma, Then my first Nitro was a Kyosho Assault.
ultima_promo1.jpg

assault_promo2.jpg

My first kit was a true kit: A Puddle Jumper. It was an amphibian fan boat back in the early 80s.

t6131695-65-thumb-9.jpg

Last edited:
First was the Tamiya Hotshot
Second was the Kyosho Assault
Third was the Tamiya Clodbuster

Good times....

My first nitro rc was a T Maxx 4910 Pro .15

tmax1.jpg

My first "build it yourself" kit was a Losi XXXNT Adam Drake Edition. Still my favorite car to this day.

drake1of6.jpg

I believe it was the original Kyosho Scorpion. Also had an AYK buggy and a Marui Galaxy buggy.

A Kyosho V one R. That was about $5000 ago and I still have it right here behind me on the shelve. It runs just like it always did. Novarossi .12 engine, 22 tooth spur. It will almost out run my 3.3 4 Tec.

Mine was the frog, and Woodie, I still have a tamiya chevy s-10!

I was the first true RC junkie and because of that I got to build kits for other people. A friend's brother got the Clod Hopper from his girlfriend and I got to build it. Another friend bought the Porsche 944, 4WD, for his son and I got to build it. Keep in mind, I also got to drive them. :thumbs-up:
I also had to troubleshoot and repair several others along the line.

That sounds like it was a rough time, having to build all those kits, Rolex. lol

I was the first true RC junkie and because of that I got to build kits for other people. A friend's brother got the Clod Hopper from his girlfriend and I got to build it. Another friend bought the Porsche 944, 4WD, for his son and I got to build it. Keep in mind, I also got to drive them. :thumbs-up:
I also had to troubleshoot and repair several others along the line.
Dang bro...you were the very first RC junkie? I mean i knew you were old but holy crap! @WoodiE this man deserves a forum badge for be the very first ever RC junkie! har har! :rolex::banana::hehe:

My first kit was a tamiya hotshot . I still have it but it needs new dogbones