What one should i get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithoms

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, two choices. I know they arent reputable but the site I'm getting it from has a full parts collection.

Its either:

HSP - 1:16 Scale RTR Off Road Nitro Buggy
onesixB_1.jpg

Description
HSP 1/16th Scale Ready to Run (RTR) Monster Off-Road Buggy

The HSP-94285 is a mini nitro RC Buggy with a powerful punch. Small enough for back yard racing but powerful enough to outrun a lot of full scale models!

All the features and more that you would expect from a full size nitro model have been squeezed into this little RC Buggy. The result is a serious bit of kit for major back garden fun.

Mini nitro models have been very popular in the last year since the release the world's first mini nitro model in 2006, because unlike the original sized models you do not need a field or track to race them on.

If you want a model that you can race both seriously but also have some fun with at home then this is the model to go for.

The model comes fully built with radio equipment included. The only things needed to use are normal AA batteries for the radio equipment, fuel and a glow start (both available as options below).

Specifications:
Length: 280mm
Height: 110mm
Ground Clearance: 18mm
Gear Ratio: 14.1:1
Wheel Width: 25mm (Front), 29mm (Rear)
Wheel Diameter: 69mm
Engine: 7CXP
Width: 191mm
Wheelbase: 174mm

Features:
-4 Wheel Drive System with 7CXP Engine
-6061/T6 Anodized Aluminum Chassis and Radio Tray
-Aluminum Front and Rear Shock Tower
-Sealed Battery and Receiver Box
-Fully ball Raced
-Disk Brake System with replaceable pads
-45cc Leak Proof Fuel Tank with Overflow pipe and spring loaded fill cover
-High performance 1/16th scale knobbly tires perfect for off road running
-Body posts with adjustable heights
-Four Oil filled aluminum capped shock absorbers
-High flow dual element air filter
-Wide front and rear spring loaded bumpers
-Powerful front and rear suspension arms for quick response.
-Fully upgradeable with aluminum parts
-All spare parts available

--OR--

HSP - 1:16 Scale RTR Off Road Nitro Truck
sixteenth%20truck_1.jpg

Description
HSP 1/16th Scale Ready to Run (RTR) Monster Off-Road Truck

The HSP-94286 is a mini nitro RC Truck with a powerful punch. Small enough for back yard racing but powerful enough to outrun a lot of full scale models!

All the features and more that you would expect from a full size nitro model have been squeezed into this little RC Truck. The result is a serious bit of kit for major back garden fun.

Mini nitro models have been very popular in the last year since the release the world's first mini nitro model in 2006, because unlike the original sized models you do not need a field or track to race them on.

If you want a model that you can race both seriously but also have some fun with at home then this is the model to go for.

The model comes fully built with radio equipment included. The only things needed to use are normal AA batteries for the radio equipment, fuel and a glow start (both available as options below).

Specifications:
Length: 251mm
Height: 120mm
Ground Clearance: 18mm
Gear Ratio: 14.1:1
Wheel Width: 40mm
Wheel Diameter: 77mm
Engine: 7CXP
Width: 216mm
Wheelbase: 174mm

Features:
-4 Wheel Drive System with 7CXP Engine
-6061/T6 Anodized Aluminum Chassis and Radio Tray
-Solid Front and Rear Shock Tower
-Sealed Battery and Receiver Box
-Fully ball Raced
-Disk Brake System with replaceable pads
-45cc Leak Proof Fuel Tank with Overflow pipe and spring loaded fill cover
-High performance 1/16th scale monster tires perfect for off road running
-Body posts with adjustable heights
-Eight Oil filled aluminum capped shock absorbers
-High flow dual element air filter
-Wide front and rear spring loaded bumpers
-Powerful front and rear suspension arms for quick response.
-Fully upgradeable with aluminum parts
-All spare parts available

What one would you get and why? Same price. Will be mainly used on street.

None of the above. Those things will be more trouble than they are worth. And you can't get parts easily for them.

They are slow too.

Get a NAME BRAND rc like HPI,traxxas,losi,associated,ofna, etc.

I dont mind about speed that much as space is.... well there is a lack of. As i said, parts are easily accessible in both plastic and alu versions. The reason I'm getting one of those is that name brands are too expensive for me at the moment.

Between the buggy and the truck, what one is more likely to skid around and/or tip over.

The lower the ground clearance, the more stable. How much do they cost? You can pick up a Traxxas Bandit for $150 new. Cheaper on ebay. Depending on the cost, there worth a shot.

Well, I'm in UK. If you can direct me to a UK shipping one of those then yes i would get it.

Those are £100 each, roughly $150.

No ebay in the U.K.? I'd say go for it, then. If you can get parts, and upgrades, I think one would be great fun. Just break it in properly and always return the piston to bottom dead center.

I'm staying away from used.

I found traxxas bandits on ebay for £130. it looks good but I'm looking for nitro not electric.
Needs to be £100< for the car as i need to add accessories and fuel in on top.

I think you'll be happy. Like I said, with upgrades available, you will be able to build it to your liking over time. Go for it, and have fun!

Thanks Matt, but I'm really looking for a nitro car sorry.

Back