Website Hosting packages

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msly

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi All,

I am curious, who's here hosts there own websites? I have been messing around with some sites of my own. Anybody get any really good deals?

They have to allow the hosting of personal video (RC vids) get your minds out of the gutter LOL

I also would want at least 15-20 gigs of bandwidth. also the option of hosting more then one domain.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

sLY

My new host is www.mesopia.com I got the linux business package and so far it's been pretty good. Most of the problems I encountered were a direct result of transfering my domain to the new host, and Cox communications blocking the SMTP ports for outgoing mail. The server I'm on is fast as hell on downloads, and the business package includes 5 Gb space and 40 Gb bandwidth per month, as well as a ton of other features. But if you do get a domain, get it from www.networksolutions.com or www.enom.com first and don't get the domain transfered if you sign up for a host. Enom is the registrar for mesopia, BTW. When you get the domain, it's a retail domain, meaning you have more control over it. If you get it at signup, or have it transfered, it becomes a wholesale or reseller type account, and you don't have any control over it at all. Just a word of advice, comming from 2 weeks at the school of hard knocks.

One last thing, don't scrimp out and get some "value" package, the server speed will suck, you won't have much control over your website (other than uploading pages and adding email accounts), and you'll end up paying almost as much as if you got a good host.

Here's a good place to get some strait talk on web hosting: http://www.webhostingtalk.com

Hope that helped msly,
Whitt...

Hey Error

Looks like a pretty good deal. Have you ever hosted any video on your sites??

I also write and record music and would like to host my own mp3's on my site also.

sLY

Yeah, I hosted both of my big vids on hostsave (old host) and they are on the new host (mesopia). Check the speed if ya want, both vids are linked in the video section, on Frequency RC and beatyourtruck.com On my home cable hookup, I've been getting something like 350 Kps average download speeds.

Originally posted by error401
Yeah, I hosted both of my big vids on hostsave (old host) and they are on the new host (mesopia). Check the speed if ya want, both vids are linked in the video section, on Frequency RC and beatyourtruck.com On my home cable hookup, I've been getting something like 350 Kps average download speeds.

Yea download speed kicked ass check it out much faster then 350
585download_speed.jpg

All I can say is HOLY poop! Thanks for speed testing that for me.

Back