Veterans Day

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
veterans-day-2015.jpg

November 11th, is Veterans Day and everyone at the RCNitroTalk team would like to say thank you to all the men and women who have and are currently serving in the military, protecting our freedoms and serving our country.

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

[USERGROUP=17]@Veteran[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=18]@Active Military[/USERGROUP], https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/veterans-day-2015/

A very special thank you to Calhoun's Restaurants of Tennessee for serving thousands of dinners to veterans, 100% comped.
One of the best meals I've ever had combined with first rate service. I've never been to a Calhoun's before but now it's become my restaurant of choice.

Thanks to Little Caesar's Pizza. They also comped veterans for lunch yesterday.

We tried to take my father-in-law to lunch yesterday at Texas Roadhouse (they were giving free lunch to Vets) but they had over an hour way... for lunch! So we went to Chill's instead who also comped lunch for him.

@WoodiE We went to Texas Roadhouse last year but they quit serving the Vet's menu at 4:00. We didn't want to eat that early.
2 years ago we did Applebee's. After yesterday's meal I'll be eating at Calhoun's often and I guarantee well be back there next year.

Maybe we should put up a link next year for the Veterans' Day activities?

Good idea. We were calling a lot of places to see what they had going on. Subway had a 10% discount on a sandwich...lol.
Krispy Kreme offered a free donut.
A lot of restaurants comped the appetizer but you paid for the entree, drinks and desert.
One more time....THANK YOU Calhoun's. You just gained a lot of customers and advertising.

Starbucks offered a free tall coffee.

I haven't spent the first nickle at Starbucks. Never have, never will.

thank you for giving your life to protect our country
Well, if that was the case they'd have to inject me with a free meal on Memorial Day. Personally, I'm glad I can enjoy Veteran's day instead.

Last edited:
I regret that I have only one @Rolex's life to give for my country. lol

I think my idea of what's going on is different....Whats with all the food? Do you get free food?

I haven't spent the first nickle at Starbucks. Never have, never will.

Well, if that was the case they'd have to inject me with a free meal on Memorial Day. Personally, I'm glad I can enjoy Veteran's day instead.
I think I'm in the wrong thread here.

If you are a veteran in the US on Veterans' Day, some businesses offer free or reduced priced goods with proof of service.

It is similar. It's more a celebration of all veterans. Memorial Day is more along the lines of your Remembrance Day (or it used to be).

It is similar. It's more a celebration of all veterans. Memorial Day is more along the lines of your Remembrance Day (or it used to be).
That makes more sense now. Do you wear poppies on memorial day?

Veteran's day is the day that ALL former members of the military forces are thanked for their service to the country. All of them, whether they are in their 90s and served in WWII or just got out last week.
Memorial Day is the day of remembrance for all the soldiers that have been lost in battle fighting for our nation's freedom.
That's the one you guys over the pond call "Remembrance Day".
I remember stopping at intersections and at store entrances where people collected donations on Memorial Day and gave out those Poppies, but I haven't seen that in quite a few years. I don't know if it's still done or if I haven't been at the right place at the right time.

Veteran's day is the day that ALL former members of the military forces are thanked for their service to the country. All of them, whether they are in their 90s and served in WWII or just got out last week.
Memorial Day is the day of remembrance for all the soldiers that have been lost in battle fighting for our nation's freedom.
That's the one you guys over the pond call "Remembrance Day".
I remember stopping at intersections and at store entrances where people collected donations on Memorial Day and gave out those Poppies, but I haven't seen that in quite a few years. I don't know if it's still done or if I haven't been at the right place at the right time.
That clears things up then, thanks.

In Canada, November 11 is officially called Remembrance Day, but I've heard some people call it Armistice Day, and I've also over heard small children call it Poppy Day.

"Yes", we all wear poppies, if you make a cash donation to the veterans piggy banks at most every gas station in Canada you allowed to take one poppy.

Last edited: