Vaterra Slickrock, hit or miss?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So gents...and ladies now. What's your thoughts on this Slickrock I answered an add on a local trading post from some guy that wanted a 1/16 revo. So I told him I had one, now instead of giving me what I asked for he counted with a Slickrock. Now I know nothing about vaterra, but I do know his rig is totally stock, where as mine isn't anymore. He says his son played with the rig for about 5mins.

Here's my parts list:

The Toyz Rocker bearings/steering bearings
Traxxas steel hollow balls
Traxxas red aluminum push rods
Traxxas red aluminum tie-rods
Traxxas heat sink (blue)
Traxxas 12mm aluminum hex hubs (blue)
Traxxas dual servos (with extra servo)
Traxxas 1/16 revo wing (new in package)
GPM aluminum shocks (blue)
Driven productions rocker arms.
Hot racing helical cut differentials (stock included)
Hot racing steel transmission gears.
Hot racing 55T spur.
RPM a-arms and bumpers
T-bones skid plate chassis brace.
Proline dirt hawgs on desperado rims 1/2" offset.
Unopened stock NiMH battery and charger.

It looks like the old Losi Mini Rock Crawler, IMO. I have the Losi and it's okay, but not worth the trade for a mERV.

No way in my opinion. Its very much like a mrc but trading off a somewhat built up merv for it would be throwing money away for sure. 1/18 last popularity and they are just late to the game and with nothing special. If it was for a twinhammers Id be on it like crazy but not for a slickrock. Be better off going on rcc and trying to trade your merv for a built mrc with lots of upgrades.

That what I told him! But he was on about his being new, I told him that rig plus money on top.

+lots more money on top of the money he offers you:D

He bit, he been jamming up my e-mail account trying to barter. I still like some cash on top.

Thanks for all your input the Slickrock was going to go straight to my younger cousin okimaw (it means chief). I have the feeling if he doesn't start exercising life will be harder on him when he get older, and what better way to hide exercise than by making him follow an R/C through a hiking trail?

what better way to hide exercise than by making him follow an R/C through a hiking trail?

that's just funny.....good call though.

Thanks! I've already got some short trails picked at the nearest national park.

I might even order some of those paper airplane motors from amain.

Back