upgrading engine sizes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prokyle123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
i getting a car that has a 3.0cc- sh-18 size motor and I'm woundering about upgrading to like a .25 sized motor. will the motor mounts be the same? (is there a medium) and will the driveshaft size be the same? I'm new to nitro. and whats the best % fuel to run? if you want prolonged life of the motor 33% or is 20 fine. thank you.and is there any tips you can offer to a newbie.

Maybe, probably, not. It all depends of what kit we are talking about and what engine.

i decided to keep the original motor. as i just got it running. after it not being tuned right at all. it wouldnt even start but I'm gonna keep running the 20%

You made the right choice,..especially being new at all this your best bet is to stick with 20% and stick with the sh engine,once you have run the life out of it you'll be ready to take on a more expensive engine since you'll have the tuning experience and what not

Back