ultra lx one drill start problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coactjet

RC Newbie
Reaction score
The drill start is not catching to tun the motor to start it , didnt know if there was a way i can fix this without driving 2hr round trip to hobby shop,or can i make a homemade starter with somesort rubber ring like 12v starters that u use directly on the flywheel

I'm not familiar with that starting system. But just like pull starts there should be a one way bearing. Oil and dirt can get in it. Spray that with brake cleaner. Really good. Try that first. It may be worn out and you need to replace it.

They do do make bump starters. They're not cheap and you may need to replace the flywheel. The cheapest would be to replace the one way bearing.

If it's not the one way bearing, there is a small pin with a spring behind it that is inside the crankshaft, it usually comes out when you take off the endplate of the motor under the pullstarter. I've seen it jam in the crank cause the little spring crushes. It doesn't seem to happen often but I've seen it on two separate engines and the both of them did this repeatedly. I managed to solve it buy cutting a second spring in half and putting a crushed spring and the half spring in. The second engine I saw was a lx1 and my budy changed the whole engine to solve it. I still have that force 28 somewhere as a spare cause it was brand new

Back