uh oh, bought another Traxxas Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Non Crimen

RCNT Cyclist
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well I got bit again. my first nitro since post 24 or so. you could say it's been a while.

I stuck around do to the awesome people here on this great forum.

what is it?
-traxxas nitro slash 3.3
-half gallon of fuel, 2 spare glow plugs, ez start, etc.
-missing the header and that's it.
-$100!!!!

where do I start?!

what do I do?

I'm excited, but this time I will reaserch before I even think about starting it so I don't have a run away. by the way, can this truck have a "run away" with the 2.4ghz system? I thought I read somewhere that it will shut off.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

3ysuru8e.jpg

only thing it's missing is the header for the exhaust. going to pick one up after work today. can't wait!

---------- Post added at 4:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:28 PM ----------

Disconnect the throttle linkage, lock the throttle wide open, start it and let it go.
Post the carnage pics. :hehe:

annnnnnd check.

With the 2.4 you have to set the receiver to apply the brake incase it looses signal, it might be set already....with the engine not running power up the electronics, test that everything works then turn off the radio, it should apply full brake. A throttle return spring is also a must incase you loose the battery.

This is one of the few intros that still tempt me, the 3.3 should easily over power the 2wd Slash! Congrats on a smoking deal and good luck!

With the 2.4 you have to set the receiver to apply the brake incase it looses signal, it might be set already....with the engine not running power up the electronics, test that everything works then turn off the radio, it should apply full brake. A throttle return spring is also a must incase you loose the battery.

This is one of the few intros that still tempt me, the 3.3 should easily over power the 2wd Slash! Congrats on a smoking deal and good luck!

awesome, thanks man! I'm sooooo excited. needs a good cleaning due to the nitro attracting a bunch of sand and grit on the vehicle. I would think an exhaust deflector would help with this, wouldn't you?

so far so good! it runs like a dream. I still need to work on tuning it but it's pretty hot and humid today. other than a exhaust deflector I think I'm good.

That's the Robby Gordon Edition. Nice score buddy. :thumbup:

Here's some manuals if you don't already have them.

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/44054OM-EN-R02-121130.pdf

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/KD1465-R00-44054-Robby-Gordon-Box (2).pdf

thanks! I'm so glad I picked this up. the 3.3 is unbelievably powerful! it's a handful to say the least. but man is if fun!

---------- Post added at 7:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:48 AM ----------

That's the Robby Gordon Edition. Nice score buddy. :thumbup:

Here's some manuals if you don't already have them.

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/44054OM-EN-R02-121130.pdf

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/KD1465-R00-44054-Robby-Gordon-Box (2).pdf

thanks guy, it didn't come with any manuals so these are a huge help!

Very nice score, can't beat that with a stick! :)

What exactly do you mean by this? How do you go about doing it. I thought the Traxxas 2.4 Radios had failsafe?

Back