trx pro.15 clutch questions and tranny ?'s please help thx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxinaround

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
"hello I'm a first time poster long time reader have a couple a questions "
"go ahead mr. obviouse"

ill start out by saying that i bought a used trx pro.15 off ebay that supposed to have only been fired up twice and never broke in. it supposed to have came off a tmaxx. it didnt come witha clutch bell or the clutch settup or the flywheel. it has a weird style of shaft on it and neither my brother or i know what kinda of clutch bell/ clutch setup is needed. also i dont know what weight of flywheel i need to be usin on the pro .15, i tried to mount up the reguler clutch settup i had for the 3.3 and discoverd that the clutch nut i had for the 3.3 is alot bigger then the one on the pro .15, the shaft is not circuler like the 3.3 shaft it has two indention on either side of it right as it comes out of the front of the block. it seems as if I'm missing a part in that area? looked for pictures and came up short . any help would be much aprreciated.
also i was wondering if anyone has tried to mount a pro .15 with a 22 tooth clutch bell and a 54 spur gear ( stock tmaxx 3.3 setup) to a tmaxx 3.3 tranny?? if so how did it work ? what did you have to do to make it different? thanks any help would be great.

You will need the clutch adapter for the pro.15 engine.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJF69&P=7
You can then install a stock flywheel, clutch and bell.

Yes, you can fit the little pro.15 on a 3.3 but you will need new throttle linkage for the rotary carb and a different header for the side exhaust.

Not really worth it IMO, the engine is underpowered for the truck.

You would want to start out with an 18T clutch bell with the 54T spur to have a decent gear ratio for that engine if you decide to go through with it.

+1. I have a pro15 on an Rc10gt and it's a turd, even on a tiny truck. I would would sell that pro15 and save for a quality engine.

well i took i a look at the website and i have tried one of those adapter but it doesn't work. i beleive that adapter is for a multi shaft. and i have done a little research to find out that the crank I'm describing on my .15 is a standerd crank.

my idea with the lower powered engine is to have it for a very very small eight traxck in my back yard in the city were i dont got much space. i have two other 3.3 tmaxxs and got one roller 3.3 tmaxx(the one i plan to put the mottor on) i have found that its just to hard to tune the bigger engine in the space that i have can't do any kind of wide open run to clean it out. i have a larger track at my folks that i built around 2 years ago but its all growed and I'm currently rebuilding it up.

If you have the standard length crank shaft engine does it have a starter plate? I wasn’t aware they made the standard crankshaft that could fit a starter, they used a starter box. The long shaft version does use a starter but would need the crank cut and modified to fit in the Tmaxx.

Here is what the crank and clutch nut adapter on an IPS shaft Pro.15 should look like.
I’ve had probably 20 of these engines and there are several different clutch nut adapters that will fit. Ofna and HPI both make an adaptor that will work with the IPS Pro.15 crank.
pro15.gif

If you don’t have the above crankshaft the easiest way to make it work would be installing the IPS crankshaft.

alrighty well my crank shaft is deff longer then that... so idk ill find a way to get ya a pic it will be a lil bit tho sometime tonight ill try. it might be an ips crank shaft idk? really what that means and how to tell.

alrighty i think i see the problem. i need one of thos silver thingys that is shown in some of the picture looks kinda like a spacer type deal? mine dont have one of those silver things and it apears to be the standard crank. i beleave the thing I'm missing is a drive hub assembly. does that sound right? idk, still trying to get ya guys a pic thanks for all the help so far.

still havent figured it out yet, still working on trying to get a pictur up of my crankshaft that I'm trying to put a clutchbell and flywheel onto. should be simple fix once i get a picture someone will be able to tell me exackly what i need to order to make it work on my max. thanks. keep checkin back ill have a pic soon. much appreciated.

p.s was trying cell phone pics and its not workin out going to try digital camera when my wife gets home...

Back