***Trophy Race Alert***

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver6127

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Guess this is the best place to post it. Also forgot to mention that it's basically for the NY/NJ/CT resident racers but everyone is welcome.

For those of you that race onroads (electric and nitro) Prospeed is having a Fathers day trophy race on June 18, 2006. Lots of fun and great attitudes. Some of us have raced at prospeed in the past but this year is different. We are on a new track. Basically, it's brand new asphalt with no cracks to negotiate as was the issue in the past races at prospeed.

It's a medium grip surface that gets even better as the day goes by. 37-40 shore tires are the foams of choice. For the electric racers (19t), CS 27's are perfect. There is very good tire wear since the grain is very small on the asphalt. What makes this a challenging track is the grade changes from the left side to right side of the track.

It's a big track (180x100) so you can wind out the engines and motors pretty well. Be prepared to adjust your gearing.

Link

Last edited:
wow that looks great i miss the east coast do you know if there is anything out in california like that

I'm not too familiar with the tracks out there in California. The only one that comes to mind is Crystal Park. I think it's in the LA area. I'm not too sure. I think RCCA or RCDriver has a track listing. You may want to try their websites.

Fathers day is no good, spending it with the family. Too bad as I've yet to race anything this season.

Diver6127 said:
. Also forgot to mention that it's basically for the NY/NJ/CT resident racers.

Hmmm, I went through all of the website posted in your link, and I could not find anywhere on there site where it said that it was basically for NY/NJ/CT people... :shrug:

Wasn't reffering that it was restricted to just those people. Should've have clarified, sorry. Meant that for those that are within driving distance (1-1 1/2 hrs), the track is easily accessable. Of course it's open to everyone willing to travel whether it's 5 min's or 5 days of driving.

Back