traxxas easy start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro man 21

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi i was wondering if i could put a traxxas easy start on my older mt2? i hate having to pull start it lol

I m not 100 % sure but it might be possible its just a matter of if the EZ starts screw pattern is the same. if its similar than it should work fine.. I guess the main thing is where to mount the ez start connector...

I have an extra ez start but the connector doesn't have he glow plug ground or the glow plug wire so you would still need ur igniter. but i dont have any good battery packs for the easy start it self. if your interested let me know.

it depends on the screw pattern and the size of the owb and leangth of the cranck
(i think)

ok i think i just might put a traxxas 2.5 engine in it if it will fit

Thats funny cause i have one and i have a 2.5 and was thinking about doin that today but not sure if it is a direct fit.
just looked at mine and the linkage for the carb is for a barrel carb not a slide i'm sure you could do it some how .i know thay made a conversion kit th change the the old t-max that had 1.5 on it to a 2.5 don't know if that would work or not

Last edited:
as long as the OWB fits in the ez start and the screw holes line up I dont see any reason way ot wouldnt work. But It really just depends on how the engine is set up....I'm not familar with that engine.