Traxxas E-Revo 2.0 pivot balls loosening

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzukiGS750EZ

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ve had an issue with my pivot balls loosening since day 1. The caps aren’t too tight nor too loose. I think from running the truck over uneven terrain and such they loosen and my camber gets crazy. I’d like to resolve this permanently but unsure if new arms are the fix or if there’s something else I can do. I’ve tried CA glue but I think it’s too brittle. Was going to try red loctite but unsure how it mixes with the plastic traxxas uses.

Try sticking a dab of Loctite on a spot on the carrier or arm and see what it does. Or maybe Shoe Goo would work.

Last edited:
LOL. Pillow ball suspension... I won't buy another platform with that type of suspension. My pre-run checklist always includes the front pillow balls. I've had great success using fingernail polish as a plastic safe thread lock for the pillow ball caps. My next step is to use grub screws to prevent loosening.

So is it the cap in the carrier that loosens or the actual pivot ball in the control arm?

Wondering if RTV would do the trick. But do I do the cap or the pivot ball itself

Hey guys. I’ve had an issue with my pivot balls loosening since day 1. The caps aren’t too tight nor too loose. I think from running the truck over uneven terrain and such they loosen and my camber gets crazy. I’d like to resolve this permanently but unsure if new arms are the fix or if there’s something else I can do. I’ve tried CA glue but I think it’s too brittle. Was going to try red loctite but unsure how it mixes with the plastic traxxas uses.

I've wrapped the pivot ball caps with Teflon tape. That kept them from loosing up.
I don't know why but my Erevo 2.0 did the same thing. It doesn't happen on my other Revo's.

Back