Traxxas 1/8th scale funny car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Traxxas is going all out too... they are even going to offer a Drag Timing System!

6907-launch-4LGS0034.jpg

6570-DTS-full-system-with-BG.jpg

Features:

• Laser precise dual-beam staging and speed trap
  • Race up to 330 feet (quarter-scale 1/4 mile)
  • Authentic starting line Christmas tree with pre-stage and staging lights
  • Simple pushbutton operation
  • Pro and Sportsman tree
  • High-intensity LEDs
  • Portable, with easy and fast setup
  • Compatible with the Traxxas Link App and TQi Docking Base (#6510) to show elapsed time, reaction time, and trap speed (sold separately)
Check it out at Traxxas.

Was at the track yesterday and talked with the owner about the whole system they are coming out with. My only thought was actual driving. Like most funny cars I could see if they did not limit the amount of travel for the steering servo what would prevent a rookie from over correcting a drifting car and smashing into a wall? With it bieng so narrow I would worry about stability from the lack of width and how easy it may be to roll over. Just my .02. Looks cool just not sure if its worth an investment yet.

The timing system is cool. Now you can drag your buddies in the parking lot without attracting too much "official" attention.

My only thought was actual driving. Like most funny cars I could see if they did not limit the amount of travel for the steering servo what would prevent a rookie from over correcting a drifting car and smashing into a wall?

With the new TQI radio system you can adjust the steering and throttle percentage (dual rates), and adjust the steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential).

Good point but at the same time I still wonder how drivable it will actually be. Guess we will have to wait for the first guinea pig from here to find out

Good point but at the same time I still wonder how drivable it will actually be. Guess we will have to wait for the first guinea pig from here to find out

That guinea pig will be me

It's a drag racer guys. If you put the 3S in it, it WILL be a handful.

That’s what the torque control adjustment is for.:)
You can adjust the torque output of the motor with a simple turn of a trim knob on the TX to suite the track surface you’re running on.

Rear tires will be one of the main concerns; it uses the XO-1 rear tires mounted on a different wheel and a wheel insert to make the tire look like it has a high profile. @ $50.00 a pair for pre-mounts and $36 for just the tires and foam you don’t want to be doing too many burnouts…

Honestly, I've been hoping (ok, praying) they would do a 1:10 stock car. I'm talking more of a scale stock car, not just a body on a TC. Rear wheel drive, solid rear axle, independent front suspension, full cage. 200mm so current oval bodies would fit properly. I think that would take off. Maybe not RWD though, since many people would have a lot of trouble controlling it.

Something I would definitely consider buying.

Traxxas does keep surprising us with their new products. They might just come out with a stock car. YNK....

I would like to have it on my shelf

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

That looks cool. The only thing that suprises me about their new releases is that none of them have been a 1/5th scale off roader.

I can't wait for.the top.fuel dragsters to hit the shelves :fingers crossed

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

First person to market a reliable working chute utilizing the third channel is bound to sell a tone of 'em.

This got me thinking you could make one that is propelled by the same stuff thats in airbags, if you use a small enough amount. Only problem with that part of it can only be used once. I just dont know of much else that can release it, well maybe compressed CO2 cartridges. besides using compressed gass to deploy the chute I don't see many other options. (dont mean to thread hijack.)

Back