1. Ask questions. Share your knowledge. Register TODAY!

Traxxas 1/8th scale funny car

Discussion in 'Electric RC Talk' started by WoodiE, Apr 2, 2012.

1. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin Staff Member

[​IMG]

The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car backs up its real-racing looks with genuine Funny Car performance. Install a Traxxas Power Cell 3-cell LiPo pack and the Traxxas Funny Car rips off the line with tire-spinning torque. Stay in the throttle and top speed leaps to 70mph and beyond. The body's fully functional aerodynamic design and high-downforce rear wing let you put power down like the pro's with spectacular launches and exciting speed...

Click to continue

2. hamz9561

hamz9561 Proud Short Bus Rider Supporter Veteran

That looks interesting. I might have to take a closer look at it since there is an RC drag strip here locally.

3. MR4X4KING

MR4X4KING I have more toys than I know what to do with. Supporter Veteran

I think it looks good
    i want to see some videos to see what the will do on NIMH and LIPO
    wonder how long the tires will last and

4. robmob

robmob Enthusiastically Apathetic Staff Member

Looks like fun if a group of guys get one and have drag races for bragging rights.

I'm liking one just to look at on the shelf.

5. slowngreen

slowngreen Adopt, DONT Shop. Staff Member

Their kinda opening the door on some on road stuff that I didnt see coming. I bet its pretty fun in a parking lots or something.

6. Greywolf74

Greywolf74 I'M TO BLAME! Supporter

Looks interesting. Id like to see under the hood of one.

7. savagefan04

savagefan04 Hardcore RCNT User Supporter

Definitely a cool looking ride. Imagine if it had a working 'chute!? Either way I see some fun parking lot vids hitting YouTube in the future.

8. MudSlinger33

MudSlinger33 Hardcore RCNT User

^^ Also some good crashes. :D

9. Lessen

Lessen Super Awesome! Supporter

First person to market a reliable working chute utilizing the third channel is bound to sell a tone of 'em.

10. newnitrofan

newnitrofan Hardcore RCNT User

Saw this thing yesterday looks pretty freakiin cool

11. HPIguy

HPIguy Durability Tester Staff Member

I gotta admit, those are pretty darn cool. More tempting to me than the XO-1 even.

12. MR4X4KING

MR4X4KING I have more toys than I know what to do with. Supporter Veteran

are we going to be seeing more rc like this that traxxas sponsors

we saw craftsman truck series 1/16 truck
    now drag racing 1/8

whats next

13. robmob

Indy would be my guess.

14. HPIguy

HPIguy Durability Tester Staff Member

They need to make a MX bike dangit, they even sponsor pro riders, but have yet to dive into the RC bike realm.

15. Lessen

Honestly, I've been hoping (ok, praying) they would do a 1:10 stock car. I'm talking more of a scale stock car, not just a body on a TC. Rear wheel drive, solid rear axle, independent front suspension, full cage. 200mm so current oval bodies would fit properly. I think that would take off. Maybe not RWD though, since many people would have a lot of trouble controlling it.

16. MudSlinger33

MudSlinger33 Hardcore RCNT User

I agree, I would love to see them come out with a Villopoto edition bike, as well as other pro rider versions.

17. robmob

Another guess would be a top fuel dragster. I actually think this is more likely than an Indy car due to the funny car release.

18. Lessen

Probably just stretch the chassis and outfit it with the new body. The other big name r/c dragsters are made using the same theory from what I've seen.

19. syphon68

syphon68 RCNT Addict

found this

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/21594424

My only thoughts on it even though it is not my thing is why if they had Castle build them a 2400 kv motor did they limit it to 3 s when Castle already has a 2400 kv that will do 4s. Plus the video doesn't really offer an opinion on the kit it's all yay Traxxas now can we have more free stuff?

20. Lessen

...because more power is not always better.

21. syphon68

syphon68 RCNT Addict

When did that start:)

22. Rolex

Rolex I'm only here for the snacks Staff Member Veteran

Hmmm, good thought. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks. :D

23. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin Staff Member

Looks like Traxxas is going all out too... they are even going to offer a Drag Timing System!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features:

• Laser precise dual-beam staging and speed trap
    • Race up to 330 feet (quarter-scale 1/4 mile)
    • Authentic starting line Christmas tree with pre-stage and staging lights
    • Simple pushbutton operation
    • Pro and Sportsman tree
    • High-intensity LEDs
    • Portable, with easy and fast setup
    • Compatible with the Traxxas Link App and TQi Docking Base (#6510) to show elapsed time, reaction time, and trap speed (sold separately)
    Check it out at Traxxas.

24. Phins Fan

Phins Fan Hardcore RCNT User

Was at the track yesterday and talked with the owner about the whole system they are coming out with. My only thought was actual driving. Like most funny cars I could see if they did not limit the amount of travel for the steering servo what would prevent a rookie from over correcting a drifting car and smashing into a wall? With it bieng so narrow I would worry about stability from the lack of width and how easy it may be to roll over. Just my .02. Looks cool just not sure if its worth an investment yet.

25. hamz9561

hamz9561 Proud Short Bus Rider Supporter Veteran

The timing system is cool. Now you can drag your buddies in the parking lot without attracting too much "official" attention.