Tower terror won't start..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jguthrie95

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys I got a tower terror used from a guy and ran it for a few days. Then it wouldn't crank so I thought the gas was old Cuz the guy said he had it for a while and I didn't have any new plugs. So I traveled 3 hours to get new fuel and plugs. Came back and put the new plug in and new fuel and put the carb on factory settings and it would not crank STILL.. Can somebody please help? it would be greatly appriciated! Oh and the motor size is a .25

Do you mean the engine won't turn over

It turns over fine it just will not crank up and run

---------- Post added at 5:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:58 PM ----------

I'm using Mccoy number 9 plugs

Lots of 'could be this' going on.

Check the igniter first. Battery in good shape and fuller charged?

Can you see the fuel in the lines when you prime it?

Very possibly some gunk has built up in the carb? Also check the filter, they can gunk up and as you ran it, it may have clogged up.

Idle set to low?

All of that is good yeah the ignitor It or will make the plug glow yes the fuel is going to it

If it has fuel going through the carb, and the plug gets hot it should fire if it has compression.

When you turn it over by hand do you feel any resistance through the flywheel when the piston hits TopDeadCenter?

Yes it has good compression but I finally got it to run but now it's idling high no matter what I do with the idle screw

Did you have a crash or anything unusual happen right before it started doing this?
Did you take anything on the engine apart?

The idle gap screw is for setting the idle gap, put the idle gap back to 1mm, and richen the LSN to get the idle down.

No I haven't hit anything.... where I live you can't get enough speed up to crash and ok thanks