Tony Stewart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please understand, I feel for this kid. This could happen on any given day at any track. This could have been one of any number of friends of mine. I do hear about incidents where people die at race tracks. It happens, unfortunately. The big reality of this is that had the driver in front of Tony Stewart hit this kid, most of you wouldn't even know that it happened. All I ask, is that people try to understand all of the dynamics that exist to this situation.

My thought are with the family and friends of the driver who passed away, as well as Tony Stewart who like the rest of us is human and is probably beating himself up over this. I've seen the uncut video, and I am still very shaken by it. This is my last comment on this whole thing.

---------- Post added at 8:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:45 PM ----------

alien13 I get what you're saying, .

And that emphasizes my point...why gun it forcing the ass end kick right slightly at the very moment he's up on the kid? Other than trying to spook him?

To avoid him. If he saw him at the last second, he may have had a gut reaction to turn the car away.

Please understand, I feel for this kid. This could happen on any given day at any track. This could have been one of any number of friends of mine. I do hear about incidents where people die at race tracks. It happens, unfortunately. The big reality of this is that had the driver in front of Tony Stewart hit this kid, most of you wouldn't even know that it happened. All I ask, is that people try to understand all of the dynamics that exist to this situation.

My thought are with the family and friends of the driver who passed away, as well as Tony Stewart who like the rest of us is human and is probably beating himself up over this. I've seen the uncut video, and I am still very shaken by it. This is my last comment on this whole thing.

---------- Post added at 8:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:45 PM ----------

To avoid him. If he saw him at the last second, he may have had a gut reaction to turn the car away.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

In my mind he was trying to get away from the kid in a split second. Not revving it up to scare anyone. That kid clearly just kept walking into the car after barely being missed by the car right in front of Tony. Actually bolted in front of the cars is a better description. Almost all race car drivers have amazing reflex's. When it comes to someone at the level Tony or any top notch Cup, F1, Indy car driver, there almost super human fast. Id bet that the kid maybe never even saw that RR tire before getting pulled under it. Trust me, its more dark out there than you know.

If you haven't seen the video, watch it. Its not gory, though it is disturbing. The whole thing is over in a split second. Kids running at cars...disappears...gets thrown face down @ 20 feet away. All over so fast, its hard to fathom what just happened.

no tony may not have done on it purpose. but he bumps in to way to many cars for him to be called a professional. if i ran in to that many cars i would be embarrassed.

no tony may not have done on it purpose. but he bumps in to way to many cars for him to be called a professional.

Dale Earnhardt Sr has hit more cars on a race track than Tony has ever thought about hitting and he is considered to be one of the greatest NASCAR drivers ever...Rubbin is racing!

banging cars together is NOT a race. they are said to be professionals but spend 30% of the race in car crashes. i would be embarrassed . the road race guys do MUCH better than that why? could they be better drivers? or maybe they are not drinking while racing. dont get me wrong i have complained about NHRA two fuel classes. so you have TF / FC for both classes to complete the race on sunday, is a total of 30 passes. but lately they have had only 4 - 8 passes with both cars at full power at the finish line. each time a car blows an engine or tires goes up in smoke you did NOT see a race. you saw a FAIL to race.

they are said to be professionals but spend 30% of the race in car crashes.

Thats why NASCAR is as popular as it is...Entertaining and exciting! They have the skills to race without running into each other but thats boring to watch. Not many fans would regularly enjoy a clean race, most NASCAR fans anyway. I was a big NASCAR fans at one point but now I will only watch short track races, watching cars draft puts me to sleep.

the NHRA guys say the same thing. i all ready said what i think. but my real love is drag racing. i was at the FIRST NHRA nationals in greatbend KS 1955.

If his fellow racers would convict him I would agree. But for people who have never seen the inside of a sprint car, trying to judge if he did something on purpose is ridiculous.

If he doesn't get out of his car this doesn't happen, I think that will be the deciding fact in this case.

THC lasts in your system for up to 30 days from last use. They have no way of knowing when he actually used it.

Back