Tmaxx 2.5 motor with 3.3 tranny

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnyteryder196

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I had a 2.5 classic and been slowly upgrading things to the 3.3. Well last year I stripped a gear in the 2.5 tranny, so I finally got around to buying a 3.3 forward only tranny and converted everything over to the 3.3 chassis, so now the only thing not 3.3 is motor. Well I went to fire it up and it wants to move in reverse when there is no reverse.. I cannot figure it out.. Any help?

You had your diffs out and you put them back in the wrong way.
Welcome to the club. :rolleyes:
I didn't think about that at all.. I did have the rear tore apart to clean, but reversed it to the front.. As far as the front section I just took it all off the 2.5 as one assembly and installed on 3.3, maybe I had them backwards for a while now. I will check them out when I get home this afternoon.

Thanks, I hope to be able to contribute some after I get back into the swing of things:D

Lmao...yes I am a guilty one!...funny thing is I've done it more than once

LOL. I did it too. It is all good. I learn something new every time I take mine apart and put it back together. It gets a little faster each time too. I had to learn to slow down and make sure everything is good before I go bashing. Nothing worse than being broke down over something like a loose screw that decided to come out. It can ruin your day and be expensive.