thunder tiger monster truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanohaz27

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey everyone i have just bought a thunder tiger monster truck I'm not sure what modle it is as i got it from a friend with no shell. the engine and servos are all fine but there seems to be a problem with full throttle it is wheel spinning like crazy at full throttle even when i go from idle to full slowly it still spins. if anyone can help please do :)

ps. the car is good it does not move when it idles :)

Sounds like you just have a nicely running and powerful little engine in it. One thing you can do is find a good set of wheels and tires that actually get some traction. For on road i recommend jako foam tires and off road i run proline badland tires and they are great all around on most all surfaces. View attachment 11701

Last edited:
You can also check you throttle linkage and also your radio settings to see if its opening up the carb too fast or leaving too big of a gap. If you need instructions you can check YouTube for a visual or this site should have a sticky covering this issue.

Thunder Tiger, EK4 maybe? Post some pics.

they did build the ek4 with a .70 & .90 heli engine! there powerful rigs and wheelie happy! you will never have all 4 wheels on the ground at full throttle and if you do, they spin.

Aside from the EK4 they also produced thier own version of the MGT but I can't seem to remember what they called it right now. The EK4, while impressive in size, was a POS IMO. My father in law has 1 and he is constantly searching for parts that havent been made in 10+ years. Hes had it for a year now and still hasnt run it yet.

Aside from the EK4 they also produced thier own version of the MGT but I can't seem to remember what they called it right now. The EK4, while impressive in size, was a POS IMO. My father in law has 1 and he is constantly searching for parts that havent been made in 10+ years. Hes had it for a year now and still hasnt run it yet.

thats the problem with buying such an old product i'm afraid...

if the chassis is similar to the eb4 s2? he could have all the running gear from one...in fact the entire front and back diff's and complete running gear is bolted on with 4 bolts to the chassis, it would not be hard to fit to it.

Back