Throttle linkage stuck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duality

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Heres a vid I made for it guys, let me know what you think.

[ame]http://youtu.be/LaVOJKc2uXE[/ame]

1st try Re-centering the servo. With electronics off, remove the horn from the servo (just remove the screw in the center of the horn and pull the horn off), then turn on the electronics and set the radio servo trim to 0. With the electronics still on, re-install the horn on the servo while holding the throttle valve in the carb closed with the horn and linkage. You can then adjust the trim if needed to completely close/open the carb throttle valve.

If it does it again after you center the servo, you may have stripped a gear in the servo...

1st try Re-centering the servo. With electronics off, remove the horn from the servo (just remove the screw in the center of the horn and pull the horn off), then turn on the electronics and set the radio servo trim to 0. With the electronics still on, re-install the horn on the servo while holding the throttle valve in the carb closed with the horn and linkage. You can then adjust the trim if needed to completely close/open the carb throttle valve.

If it does it again after you center the servo, you may have stripped a gear in the servo...

Tried this but you know what, my controller doesn't even brake or open the throttle, could this be a controller issue now? :angry:

With the servo horn removed if you have no control of the servo with the controller it could be, the servo, the controller or the reciever.

Since the steering is working, swap the throttle/brake servo plugs in the reciever and see if the throttle trigger then works the steering or if the steering then works the throttle/brake. You should be able to nail down the culprit that way.

With the servo horn removed if you have no control of the servo with the controller it could be, the servo, the controller or the reciever.

Since the steering is working, swap the throttle/brake servo plugs in the reciever and see if the throttle trigger then works the steering or if the steering then works the throttle/brake. You should be able to nail down the culprit that way.

Swapped out the connections, the throttle/brake didn't move in steering pin. Should I just sell the hunk of junk?

Sounds like you just need a servo is all.
Happens all the time with rtr servos.