The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebodies gotta to go back and get a crapload of dimes.

Exchanged the Garmin forerunner 110 for a 310xt, much better all around for my needs. And picked up a pair of Tifosi optics Logic sunglasses with the Fototec HSR lens.

I rock the Tifosi Duro fototec lenses!

Nick, I've had the same Oakley half jacket XLJ's for ten years now, and they're my favorite sunglasses I've ever owned. But they're terrible for cycling as the close fit, and no venting makes them fog constantly. And around here, gray or brown lenses just don't work as you're constantly going in and out of tree cover which means dark / shadows. I like the VR28 in Oakley lenses, so the high speed red was as close as I could get. They sit a little odd on the face to me being used to such a close fit, but that will help venting also, and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Now if it will just stop raining every day, I can test them out. :D

Nick, I've had the same Oakley half jacket XLJ's for ten years now, and they're my favorite sunglasses I've ever owned. But they're terrible for cycling as the close fit, and no venting makes them fog constantly. And around here, gray or brown lenses just don't work as you're constantly going in and out of tree cover which means dark / shadows. I like the VR28 in Oakley lenses, so the high speed red was as close as I could get. They sit a little odd on the face to me being used to such a close fit, but that will help venting also, and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Now if it will just stop raining every day, I can test them out. :D

I know what you mean, I have a pair of oakley jawbones which have vented lenses but also I experienced the tight fit that you have. it's great that Tifosi makes affordable eyewear!

$_57.jpg

Key Features:

• Siri Eyes Free
  • Bluetooth
  • Android Compatibility
  • Media App Control
  • Pandora Station Creation
  • Digital Broadcast
Technical Features:

• Full Dot LCD Display
  • Bluetooth Handsfree Calling (HFP)
  • Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP / AVRCP)
  • Bluetooth Advanced Sound Retriever
  • Bluetooth Guest Mode
  • Bluetooth Pairing via USB for iPhone
  • Pandora Station Creation
  • HD Radio
  • Siri Eyes Free
  • MIXTRAX
  • MIXTRAX app Illumination Effects
  • Android Media Transfer Protocol
  • Media App Control
  • Music Browser
  • Lever Key
Audio Features:

• MOSFET 50 x 4
  • 3 Pair (4V) RCA Pre-Out Front, Rear and Sub
  • 5 Band Equalizer
  • Subwoofer Crossover with Slope Adjustments
  • High Pass Filter with Slope Adjustments
  • Wired Remote Input
  • Bluetooth Microphone Input
Tuner Features and Sources:

• HD Radio Tuner
  • FM / AM RDS Tuner
  • 18 FM and 6 AM Presets
  • BSM (Best Memory Station)
  • CD
  • Local Seek
  • Pandora for iPhone and Android
  • iPod Interface
  • MP3 WMA WAV AAC
  • App Mode
  • USB
  • Aux Input

I bought a few hours with a Dane county sheriff today. free of charge

What did you do Nick?

Sweet radio Rolex, I have the DEH~X66BT and am very happy with it.
I bought a 32gig micro USB thumb for the front of it, and loaded most of my music on it.
Works flawlessly.
That and the phone answer function is cool.

Heres what I got today. An Badger airbrush paint mixer & a Ti rear bone & new Dr. cups for my Thunder.
100mmBone_zps5d964497.jpg

Drivers Ed class, things are about to get scary around here!

A quart of 30% Blue Thunder nitro, and 4 McCoys #8 plugs. Also baught a pack of Primetime cigars for my Uinta camp trip Sunday-Thursday & some other legal and non legal items for some induced entertainment! :)

Sweet radio Rolex, I have the DEH~X66BT and am very happy with it.
I bought a 32gig micro USB thumb for the front of it, and loaded most of my music on it.
Works flawlessly.
That and the phone answer function is cool.
This is my 3rd Pioneer for this car. Casette, then CD, now all the bells and whistles of iPod, Bluetooth, phone and HD radio.

I also have the X5600BT in my Acura and love it. It's great being able to stream my phone over BT. I can listen to whatever I have on the micro SD card and also get the navigation turn by turn.

There are items in the menu I don't understand. I'll start a thread on it tomorrow so you guys can explain a few things to me.
Gotta' say, I'm TOTALLY amazed by it.

@BlackMamba

I'm assuming those are FMIC pipes for I will guess Dodge SRT4, Nissan, Or a newer Subaru?

Last edited by a moderator:
Close enough, SMIC pipes for Audi S4 B5 :)

Ohhh nice! You got a bigger intercooler too? When I had my 05 WRX I almost got an upgraded FMIC but learned the stock turbo would lag like mad, even with the higher boost level and a stage 3 ecu remap I had on it. Made me sad lol but even as my car sat I could eat V8 stangs like they were civics and hang with vettes but never pass them by... Still a fun car, any bopsted car is a blast to drive and show off.

Yes, it will be a blast when I'm done with the stage 3 setup. Its going to put down some sick torque. Look up s4 b5 stage 3 on youtube:)

Can't wait for a day off to try this out. I wonder what backflips look like from a Savage point of veiw lol! Don't worry about the camera, I'm in the process of making a hard styrofoam enclosure to keep it from getting bashed up lol

10357468_10152111104627027_3863354011023662978_n.jpg

1546193_10152111104757027_3041132252613545486_n.jpg

10452310_10152111104707027_172203349697476694_n.jpg