The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google also just opened the flood gates by releasing the SDK (software development kit) for the device as well, and pretty much challenged the developer community by saying "get to hacking". That mean it's just a matter of time before there are tons of things you can do with it.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/03/google-opens-chromecast-sdk/

When my satellite contract is up I'm buying one! I pay a lot of money to watch about 10% of the available channels!

When my satellite contract is up I'm buying one! I pay a lot of money to watch about 10% of the available channels!

Pete, that's the same conclusion that I came to. Even worse, I had to buy a top tier package in order to have Speed channel. I'm not going to lie, it's tough at first, and the experience is not the same since there is no live TV (Well, there is now from USTVnow.com). BUT, once I embraced it, I've had no regrets at all.

On the plus side, I decide when the episode of my favorite show comes on, no waiting a week if I don't want to. :D

I have that package but those crooks dropped speed!

We're talking whatever your bandwidth at home can stream, or up to 1080p Rolex. There seems to be a lot of interest on here about the device, I'm happy to do a video demo for you guys when mine arrives if you guys like.
Start a thread on the topic in the Chaos forum.
I'm sick of paying Comcast $117 a month to watch the Science channel, H1 and H2, Nat Geo, Discovery and one or two others.
Last Sunday I actually watched a program on FOX, but that was a total mistake. I think it was supposed to be an important game of some kind.

I'm interested as well......if I could just get live nfl and NASCAR I would dump my tv service.

Hehe...had to have one...
7ady8aje.jpg

Got one of my SC-10's back! I want to make this one aluminum or RPM what do you guys think?

An Estes Proto X nano copter. First copter I've ever tried, harder to fly than I expected. Fighting 25 years worth of ground vehicle instincts (cut throttle/brake when losing control).

An Estes Proto X nano copter. First copter I've ever tried, harder to fly than I expected. Fighting 25 years worth of ground vehicle instincts (cut throttle/brake when losing control).

That's a good mentality to have with the helis. 99% of the time you'll cause more damage if you hit the ground while powered up, especially with the small ones....just cut the power and let it drop.