The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91 Yamaha Warrior, Team Orion receiver pack, 2055 servo case, ps2 keyboard to usb for my RPi, powered 7 port usb hub for RPi, and something else I'm forgetting. OH YEAH a Roto Start.

Kobalt 1.5-HP 3-Gallon 155-PSI Electric Air Compressor. If your in need of an air compressor for small jobs this is a nice one for $129.00!

A new laptop to replace the netbook I've been using since my big HP died...

General:
--MIP 5.5 Nut Driver
--HobbyPartz Starter Box
Losi 8ight 2.0
--Alum servo saver
--Ti King Pins
--TLR Carbon Front Shock Tower
--Titanium stand-offs
--12t clutch bell
Mugen MBX6R
--M2C clutch shoes
Tamiya 801XT
--4x8 screws
HotBodies D8T
--Sweep Square Armor tires

Oh and a new Hybrid 1GB Hard drive. This thing is fast. 20 Seconds from Splash screen to log on screen.

Well I've been trying to buy a parking pass for 2nd semester at school. But they won't sell me one, I won't spend $100 if I don't have to.

General:
Losi tire balancer

D8T:
48t spur gear

Savage:
hpi 10x15x4 bearings

Bunch of 12, 14, 16 & 18 ga RC silicon flex wire to fix busted wires in door jambs on 1:1 vehicles (namely Dodge & Ford Trucks).

Couple of Turnigy 1.7 2S LiPos for the kiddo's Beastie Bugs

Whats the deal with that thing?

I cut the cord on regular TV service almost 2 years ago, the Chromecast enables me to stream content from many providers to the TV is the biggest seller for me, including web only (meaning you can't stream it to a TV connected device like my Roku box) content since it has a browser and now supports anycast. Between the Roku and Chromecast I can get 95% of what I was paying a silly amount of money for per month, for free from now on.

Ah......... Still have no clue. Lol. Does it connect to a computer, wifi router, iPad, android tablet?

You can manage it from any device, PC, Mac, iPhone, Android device, doesn't matter. You are basically pushing the content from your PC, phone, or tablet to the Chromecast to be displayed on the big screen. My parents bought one at Christmas time, it's pretty bad ass.

So it's basically a wireless mirroring from a device? What des it run on? Bluetooth?

It runs on WiFi. It uses a similar system to Apple's Airplay.

And it's a one time charge. I'm also thinking about picking one up.