The Great Outdoors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some motivation for the riders:
Motivation.jpg

Yeah, but it's still a fun thought for motivation.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Been having a lot going on in life from health troubles to marriage issues and needed to really get out and clear my head. I called up my lil brother last night around 11ish and he told me that he just broke up with his girlfriend, so we agreed to meet up and take our bikes out for a spin. There is a loop we follow on River Rd. that follows all of the Plants and it's really nice to ride when they are all lit up at night. The loop takes about 25-30 minutes. So after the loop was done neither of us were ready to return home so we decided to make a late night ride to New Orleans (about an hour to an hour and a half away from my place in Baton Rouge). So we fueled up and headed out. Got to New Orleans around 2 stopped a couple places to get some pictures and rode down the famous Burbon St. And stopped into one of its many bars for a beer. After that rolled out back to Baton Rouge and got home about 0400.

Fueled up

8DB1552D-A4B5-4560-90FA-73281B3BC28A_zpsincfl7cn.jpg

Rolling out

BE1B6878-128B-49FA-8135-C3F31539BB6A_zps5nfo815f.jpg

Super Dome and New Orleans Arena

0FA7CF98-770F-4A31-83D7-D73580192DC1_zpsds1ealhf.jpg

FE725D29-5351-4212-9F45-0D87E9A33558_zps7z8ybfxs.jpg

And for some reason my lil bro likes to snap-chat while riding.

th_51631E91-93BB-4DB5-A20C-BA90A2A13155_zps3zmsksfn.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics James, hate to hear things have been rough for you lately. Hopping on the moto, or anything two wheeled really, always clears my head as well and tends to really put things into perspective.

Hope everything works itself out for the best, Alpine.

Made a goal I set for this year today, finally conquered a climb that's eluded me. It's just under 5 miles, and 1,500 ft of climbing, classed as a CAT 2 climb. You do get about 2.5 miles of CAT 4 climbing as a warm up just before though :D. Got another climb to conquer on Sunday if all goes well.

I was pretty excited to say the least

Done_zps3dkbfsmk.jpg

Strava deets

Ellijay1_zpsnzdtgsx1.jpg

Ellijay2_zpsliqqkv86.jpg

Those "pants" clearly have a circle around your junk.

It's a target for the militant feminists...

My favorite MTB got a new chain, and now that you can finally find them, some of the new B+ sized tires. I got lucky, and my fork arch had plenty of room for them. WTB trailblazer 27.5 x 2.8, can't wait to try 'em out tomorrow!

BSide_zpswyguwpxz.jpg

Back