The Great Outdoors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are pictures of pictures, but this is in Lexington, KY before they shut the trail down.

307510_200707516669931_302343469_n.jpg

289078_187454347995248_7051680_o.jpg

awesome guys!!

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

e8yjamy5.jpg

guhesy5a.jpg
azatehaz.jpg

Nick, how are you liking the EX 650b? Still drooling over one next year maybe.

Well, after being sick all day Friday and part of yesterday, I finally got to ride the single speed for the first time today. It's harder than I thought it would be truth be told, it really kicked my ass big time. Even the super easy trails become a heart pounding, lung and leg burning, suffer fest. I stopped a lot, ate a gel on a ride this short, and basically realized how out of shape I still am. I think I'll name the bike honey badger.

Oh, you've rode 3-4 days a week all summer long? Honey badger don't give a crap.

Oh, you added a road bike to get in more training miles? That's cute, but honey badger don't give a crap.

Honey badger is here to whip your fat ass, and bring the pain, all day long. :hehe: It also rained on me halfway through and cut my day short, so I had wet, slimy, slick clay and roots for part of the ride back. And I enjoyed every second of all of it.

ScreenShot2014-08-24at44808PM_zps5f752984.png

a6461178-e886-42f3-aed2-a69578a5a8c4_zpsf0b42b6f.jpg

Wet, muddy, tired, and happy as a clam :)

Muddy_zps376fbe70.jpg

Last edited:
I laid three pallets of sod this weekend, and moved about 1500 lbs of ground up tree stumps with a wheel barrow in 105 degree heat and 100% humidity. I'm done with the outdoors for the week. Screw you Mother Nature, you evil bitch.

I knew you were crazy, but now I can clearly see your nuts!

Nick, how are you liking the EX 650b? Still drooling over one next year maybe.

Well, after being sick all day Friday and part of yesterday, I finally got to ride the single speed for the first time today. It's harder than I thought it would be truth be told, it really kicked my ass big time. Even the super easy trails become a heart pounding, lung and leg burning, suffer fest. I stopped a lot, ate a gel on a ride this short, and basically realized how out of shape I still am. I think I'll name the bike honey badger.

actually it's a 29er. but i love it! is so freaking fast!

I remember my single speed days. both on my haro and my trek 69er(look that one up).

I didn't even know Lexington had such trails here.

Well i wouldnt really consider it Lexington at all, its just a term that stuck with me as a child because I didnt know many cities in Kentucky. Its in Harlan, but I just used it as a kid yelling at my dad "I wanna go rock crawling in Lexington!"

I went and rode Tsali today for the first time, such a cool place. It was fairly wet from the rain in the early AM today though.

photo1Medium_zpsb25ea3bd.jpg

photo2Medium_zpsc9e16595.jpg

photo3Medium_zps10d04136.jpg

The views are incredible!

photo4Medium_zps36e2fedf.jpg

The bike wash was a nice touch I thought

photo5Medium_zpsa4f30668.jpg

And, I got lucky and was in the right place at the right time, and got a little show from a couple of Huey Cobras :thumbup:

Second ride on the SS today. I need to cut the new bars down some, I almost crashed grazing a tree at speed. They're right at an inch wider than I'm used to, but I guess that's all it takes. I ended up running into a friend, and pushing much harder on the SS than I normally would. It's still kicking my ass, but I'm going further between cardio system shutdowns now. :D

photo1Medium_zps7010871e.jpg

photo2Medium_zps21a29a19.jpg

Got out the crossbow and got her all sighted in and cleaned up for bow season to open at the end of the month. Just ordered a new stand-up chest freezer for the house in anticipation of this years luck. We are over populated on our family land with does so we will not be harvesting any bucks this year. But Wildlife and Fisheries study showed that we need to take a minimum of 25 does off the property this year. I can't wait!

5B0F6A63-C70F-4AD9-8321-E8CE11BB0177_zpswr4cqml1.jpg

went to a local park/ nature reserve. they have a ton of geese, deer, and grounhogs. its a man made lake. had a lot of fun. we went biking, skipped rocks, and went to the snack bar for supper/ice cream.

p.s., what brand of crossbow is that?

Barnett. Its a beast. 15 inches of penetration at 50 yards into The Block. All the way through, with just over an inch out the back.

Back