That's one heck of a product

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I had purchased an Reedy MVP 24 degree rebuildable motor with my RS4, at least it was in the kit that tower sent minus the rs4 portion. Anway while I was buying the truck at my lhs I asked the electrical guru, who was luckily working that evening, which was the best electric motor and he stated flatly that the Trinity Revenge of the Monster was the best you could buy. After having some disappointing results from the performance of the MVP I decided to hit my lhs and buy some better batteries and a larger pinion gear, maybe the super motor I had seen a few days before.

I bought the motor as well as the best NiCad batteries (I'm not financially secure enough to hit the NiMH at this particular second but they'll come in a month or so). Since I am a man I rarely read the instructions fully however I decided to check what the instructions said about the motor. They suggested that since this was a super high RPM motor to use a smaller pinion gear from the get go. I figured that changing the pinion gear was easy enough so I tried what they suggested. All I can say is that with the stock pinion gear, which is smaller than the one I was using with the MVP, totally took the performance to the next level. I might add that this was off the old crappy NiCad batteries I was trying to replace. The Revenge's performance was such that as I wait for the new batteries to charge I am antsy waiting to see what they will do compared to the crappy batteries I had been using. I'll post more later, Sky look out this thing rocks!!!

Good to see the change of opinion on 'lectrics after a motor swap...

Pinions make ALL the difference... (Well, that and the motor/ESC/batts)

Good to see things working out for ya.:banana:

What makes you think I am liking my electric? I mean two days after I posted this thread I made a thread titled, electrics suck.

Originally posted by El Pirata
What makes you think I am liking my electric? I mean two days after I posted this thread I made a thread titled, electrics suck.

it's what happens when you revive DEAD posts.