Techno EB 410 4WD Buggy.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooops. Can you push it back through using jaws of a vise and a stack of back-up washers to clear the pin on the narrow side? Maybe a thin film of J-B Weld to secure the pin in place? Will a replacement shaft be any better?

(Edit: Is the shaft bent causing a vibration that moved the pin? Or a dog bone cup with a mis-aligned or worn slot? That would be cause for replacement.)

Last edited:
No I can push it through with my finger.
A replacement shaft will be new and it looks like they are a pack of four

I got the shocks apart and they are a mess. I did not realize how bad they are.
The shocks take a beating on the outdoor clay track. The dust is so fine it pumps inside the shocks with the air. It collects at the bottom and clogs the holes in the piston.
I think I will be rebuilding the shocks between each race.
Anyone have any experience with TiNi coated shafts on outdoor tracks?

The mud literally runs out with the oil and separates.

0FCAE322-3851-49DC-9DFC-8EAE8D14AFBA.jpeg

I think I got the whole list of parts and upgrades.
Ceramic bearings
TiNi coated shock shafts
New shock seals
New diff screws
New rear shock tower.
All fluids
New axles in the front.
New body
And I’m changing the servo from a Tekin T-120 to a T-180. I need the 120 in my 2WD buggy.
I’ll also be changing all the cords to shorter extension leads and getting the tools and parts to shorted the ESC leads. I hate messy wiring.
Everything is cleaned and ready but non of this is going to happen till next year.

Last edited:
Looks like the center rear driveshaft has seen better days. There are flat spots on the cross pins and it is ever slightly bent.

14680970-6672-43CD-B1B9-6B5509C75618.jpeg

952AAD13-ADFC-413E-8AA0-0E6568C32E96.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got the parts I need to rebuild my shocks. Still waiting on some unexpected steering components.
New shock seals shafts and oil .

Also got the fast Eddie ceramic bearing set. They are very proud of these bearings. At least it is a full set of bearings for the price.

1118BFD3-5B41-479C-BECA-E56BD7BE344A.jpeg

image.jpg

CBDAC3CA-DB8E-404F-B2E3-7EF45CCD87C3.jpeg

Last edited:
And I’m changing the servo from a Tekin T-120 to a T-180. I need the 120 in my 2WD buggy.
How is the T-180 servo working out for you?

And, how was it programmed out of the box as it relates to speed?

I am in need of a servo for an EB 48 10.2.
However if I select the Tekin servo I am concerned I will need to program it. We are a Mac household. All the PC requirements for various programming needs drives me to avoid product that require/need them.

Somehow I am still looking at the Tekin T-180 servo. It will be used exclusively for racing.

Anyone have suggestions for servos & 1/10 buggy racing? My first season racing is approaching.

Thanks!

However if I select the Tekin servo I am concerned I will need to program it. We are a Mac household. All the PC requirements for various programming needs drives me to avoid product that require/need them.

Somehow I am still looking at the Tekin T-180 servo. It will be used exclusively for racing.

Anyone have suggestions for servos & 1/10 buggy racing? My first season racing is approaching.

Thanks!
The Hotwire 3.0 is available on the apple play store, so you should be able to program them on a Mac or an iOS device. That being said, you shouldn't need to program them to get them to work.

As for other servo brands besides Tekin, Id also consider Hitec and Savox.

The Hotwire 3.0 is available on the apple play store, so you should be able to program them on a Mac or an iOS device. That being said, you shouldn't need to program them to get them to work.

As for other servo brands besides Tekin, Id also consider Hitec and Savox.
OK. Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought it required a PC because that is what the short product description on their website states. I'll take the detail you provided as a positive for my personal expected use.

As it relates to Hitec and Savox, I've only looked closely at the Savox offerings. Hitec deserves a closer look too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks for taking time to reply.

Thanks!
I have a Tekin in our Ryft. One heck of a servo. No programmer. It runs great right out of the box.

OK. Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought it required a PC because that is what the short product description on their website states. I'll take the detail you provided as a positive for my personal expected use.

As it relates to Hitec and Savox, I've only looked closely at the Savox offerings. Hitec deserves a closer look too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks for taking time to reply.
Double check the play store before you buy but I'm 95% sure its available there. That being said, I'm not a Mac guy.

Back