tamiya fs-15 engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just acquired a sweet Tamiya tr-15t yesterday and the engine needs a lil bit of love ,however one main piece is missing ,the hsn .the guy I bought it from never run it in the 12 years of owning and has no idea where it went ,does anyone have any insight into this engine and where to get parts for it.

According to Tamiya's web site, it's discontinued and they don't have the parts.
You might be able to find another carb from another company that will fit.

I emailed Tamiya usa yesterday and they told me the same thing.....they said its been discontinued for nearly 20 years ,way to point out the obvious Tamiya lol.
so I guess now I have to hope some one has an engine or a carb lying around ,seems unlikely but I did score another car that is about 80% complete yesterday for the sum of $16.50 lol.
I would like to hear from anyone that has run or owned this truck /engine too

I need either just a carb or even the hsn and holder of said carb , ill even take the engine if you have one lying around ,alive or dead if cool too

I have several older carbs here. Measure the throat size and let me know. I might have a carb that will work for you until you find the right one. Shaun

I just acquired a sweet Tamiya tr-15t yesterday and the engine needs a lil bit of love ,however one main piece is missing ,the hsn .the guy I bought it from never run it in the 12 years of owning and has no idea where it went ,does anyone have any insight into this engine and where to get parts for it.
If it's a discontinued engine (for 20 years) then I wouldn't rely on it too much- it may work fine but if somethings fails, and you don'y have a backup, your gonna be in a sticky situation.

i think I have sorted out the carb situation ,stripped the engine last night apart from being gummed to the max its in really good nick just gotta get things moving.
this truck wont be a runner ,perhaps a very light run at best then shelved , the engine is easily replaced for something modern but the trucks components are impossible to get

i think I have sorted out the carb situation ,stripped the engine last night apart from being gummed to the max its in really good nick just gotta get things moving.
this truck wont be a runner ,perhaps a very light run at best then shelved , the engine is easily replaced for something modern but the trucks components are impossible to get
Sounds good. Would be nice to see some videos of it running :)

Slide or rotary carb? The Tamiya engines were the same as the Fantom's. I've got a slide carb needle still in the bag.
BTW, I do have a Fantom .12, 2004 vintage with almost zero run time on it. I tried it in a boat and the timing numbers weren't good for a .12 nitro boat but a wicked little motor in a nitro truck. The only real downside is that I cut off some of the cooling fins as boats don't need much. I live north of where Fantom was based and raced on their test track back in the day.

Last edited:
the engine itself is a toki , Tamiya just put a sticker on the pull start lol. its an interesting little engine for sure ,the wrist pin is held in by 2 plastic plugs...

Back