T-maxx Keeps Dieing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad55102

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just did a huge overhaul on my t-maxx 2.5. I broke the engine down cleaned everything put a new dynamite pipe on it then ran it. It runs great!!! and sounds awesome. But when i go full throttle it suddenly dies. No matter what if i pull the trigger full throttle it will die. I need help any suggestions?

What are temps? If it gets hot really quick, you may have a lean LSN. If it takes a bit of time, you may have a lean HSN. Try richening the LSN first only and then take it for a spin. Temp it if you can. if not do a pinch test at the fuel line closest to the carb. If the engine dies before 3seconds its too lean, try Richening the HSN. If it takes further than 5 seconds to die it is to fat or rich. Lean out the HSN.

Remember do one needle at a time and drive it.

Start over from factory on the tune, with a fresh plug. When I added a motorsaver airfilter and THS pipe to my 3.3 I had to richen it 1/2 turn past factory settings. Double check for proper linkage operation. At one point I stopped getting full throttle consistently on mine which caused tuning headaches.